£1. 34 PER MILE ARE THEY KIDDING

doitall said:
More work takes me all over the country at an average of 20-30000 mile a year. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I wish I only did that much, but as I have family and friends all over the nation, combined with work, I average ab out 55,000 miles a year!!

Looks like we should all declare bankruptcy now!!

Sponsored Links
You don't think that suddenly the shortage of tradesmenin London might get much worse?

Allegedly Pakistani politician got paid £1,000 a month in UK benefits LINK As the governor of Sindh province in Pakistan, Dr Ishrat-Ul-Ebad Khan lives in a mansion in the state capital while being waited on by servants and chauffeured in Mercedes limousines.
Dr Ishrat-Ul-Ebad Khan
Yet, while enjoying the perks of his position, Dr Khan was for 10 months the recipient of money from the benefits system, including income support worth about £1,000 a month.
Taxpayers also funded the £244-a-week rent on a house in north-west London, that Dr Khan keeps as a base for his family in Britain. His wife, Shaheena, also received benefits because she had been diagnosed with a "stress disorder". Extra money was added to allow for Dr Khan, who did not have a job, as her full-time carer.

Must be used to paying out a fair bit of the tax I pay on my pension, and more .. Cannot be that unusual then !!
:evil: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Ah, but look, it's the Telegraph, a respectable broadsheet! (the Torygraph as my lefty sibling calls it :LOL: )

This kind of thing happens frequently, people move over from India for just enough time to qualify for a British state pension, then move back to India and their family here collect it and wire them the money.

Damocles said:
You don't think that suddenly the shortage of tradesmenin London might get much worse?
Strange you should say that, the number of building brummies that work in London is un believable. No doubt they will disappear due to mileage charge. This will relieve congestion, but all the buildings will collapse.
Scenario :- " i need a builder" " Where are you?" "london" " right that will be £150 as I'm 70 miles from you before we even look at my £50 call out, so thats £200 up front". "Sod that !" "Hope your house falls down then!."
So congestion will reduce as you won't be able to drive round London (sad if you want to) due to all the rubble in the streets, but the ram raiders will have a field day with all the ammo lying about.

FWL you obviously will have problems with the scheme when it goes online, you state issues such as transportation of materials and plant to work locations and of course these issues will need to be addressed what motorists should be doing instead of atttacking the system is to write or email their worries to motoring organisations so that they can take up any of the miscellaneous issues and forward them to the government so they can try to incorporate solutions also your MP is there for more direct approach so email them, they are there to help you but refusal to enter the scheme apart from being foolish as it will most likely mean banning from driving and so achieve it's goal anyway is also a selfish response as it must be realised that this attitude of the right to drive is having to change with the times because of more important problems with health the environment and such.

Im sure there will be a way round this so called satalite system ,
IF you live in the south it would be better to go to france and buy a car there and just drive over here in it uless all of europe are getting zaped has well. what about the tourist how will they get away with it.

Moving abroad, there is nothing to say you will pay the price eventually.
The settlers of old sought new horizons they were not prepared to live under the thumb however weighty.
My friends moved to Oz forty odd years back .. dad in engineering .. owned a mo-bike and rented a house here. In Oz after 2 yrs owned plot of ground, car and was buying own home .. tell him about 'suffering' for the good of others -- bu ll sh it m8s.
HMG places us last in any pecking order, the joke is they do so with our own dosh. .... Has a Brit Govn ever looked upon it's people as more than cannon fodder, in one way or another ?

BTW With regard to debt relief .. There is talk that no new money is involved, just a redirecting of development dosh .. Gordon never really tells the whole truth .. No one else does any better, they are just not so prolific.
;)

AdamW said:
Ah, but look, it's the Telegraph, a respectable broadsheet! (the Torygraph as my lefty sibling calls it :LOL: )

This kind of thing happens frequently, people move over from India for just enough time to qualify for a British state pension, then move back to India and their family here collect it and wire them the money.
I also heard that the moon is all made of cheese!

The intrusion of privacy that some have moaned about on here may well be a fuss over nothing as talk has been made of a system where location data is kept locally in the box and it will calculate and transmit how much the charge will be, of course any system as complicated as this can be abused but considering most personal information is on hand in databases around the place what privacy will you want to protect anyway?

I have it on reasonable authority, it is being said that Parking fine and congestion charge fining is working well and accepted as fully fair by the population, in terms of the fact that very few of either are contested. Therefore road charging will follow the same path with regard to billing.

This is how they 'involve the nation then' .. How many will be happy when they try to dispute bills for £100's not the few £10's of parking and congestion charges... What data will one use ? In most cases sfa, even when you try it'll be 'not acceptable' ... ;) ;)

:D :D :D :D :D

A satellite based system can only work if you can 'see' the satellite. If you were in a garage or underground car park or tunnel or something then you would not be able to, but would be legitimately off the system.

So in theory you should be able to stick some sort of metal cap over your aerial and you are then off the system. 'Oh yeah - i was in a garage, guv .....'

jtaunton said:
A satellite based system can only work if you can 'see' the satellite. If you were in a garage or underground car park or tunnel or something then you would not be able to, but would be legitimately off the system.

So in theory you should be able to stick some sort of metal cap over your aerial and you are then off the system. 'Oh yeah - i was in a garage, guv .....'
why the talk of satellite? i thought it was going to be sensors up on gantries in strategic places?

Sponsored Links
Back