10 minute COV19 test

It's what South Korea have been doing for months. They never went into lockdown at all.

Maybe no lock down as in the UK but they do have a very intrusive "universal contact tracing strategy" which allows for selective lock downs / quarantines to be imposed.

Quoting Forbes
South Korea has effectively flattened its curve without imposing strict stay-home measures of other countries by developing an aggressive and widespread strategy of testing and contact tracing. With free, 10-minute tests conducted in drive-thru and walk-in centers, the country of 51 million had tested over 270,000 people by mid-March, reports the Guardian.

Further, utilizing GPS phone tracking, CCTV and credit card transaction monitoring, the country employs a comprehensive universal contact tracing strategy—automating alerts to people who may have been exposed to COVID-19 via text message. Officials say this system requires only 10-minutes per case.

Sponsored Links
Yes. The exact policy we said we wouldn't follow at the start of the outbreak. My bet is that we'll be following the same process as they are to start relaxing lockdown. Just 30,000 dead later.

Sponsored Links
What percentage of the UK population have "smart"phones that could be used to operate a universal contact tracing strategy in the UK ?
Exactly the question I asked my wife yesterday about her mother. She can barely manage to dial out on a dumb phone!

Now tell me how many strains actually cause severe problems.Perhaps re-read my post. :)

The way I read it was that Coronavirus is the fat boy that mutates or has several strains.

Covid19 has mutated into two strains - one being deadlier than t'uther.

There are 3 main strains that cause the more severe medical issues. They each have their own different pathology.

Now tell me how many strains actually cause severe problems. Perhaps re-read my post.
Irrelevant deflection. He said he believed 33 strains had been identified. You asked him why he believed that. I gave a link to Sky News. They reported 33 strains identified. I’d assumed that’s where he got his information from. Perhaps you should re-read his post.

Last edited:
Irrelevant deflection. He said he believed 33 strains had been identified. You asked him why he believed that. I gave a link to Sky News. They reported 33 strains identified. I’d assume that’s why he believed it. Perhaps you should re-read his post.

Go easy on him Mottie, he's been kicked up the @RSE a few times this morning and it's not even 10am yet.(y)

Irrelevant deflection. He said he believed 33 strains had been identified. You asked him why he believed that. I gave a link to Sky News. They reported 33 strains identified. I’d assumed that’s where he got his information from - there are probably others, and that’s why he believed it. Perhaps you should re-read his post.

I said you sure. I questioned it, but did not totally dismiss it boyo. Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote. (y)

Maybe no lock down as in the UK but they do have a very intrusive "universal contact tracing strategy" which allows for selective lock downs / quarantines to be imposed.

Quoting Forbes
South Korea has effectively flattened its curve without imposing strict stay-home measures of other countries by developing an aggressive and widespread strategy of testing and contact tracing. With free, 10-minute tests conducted in drive-thru and walk-in centers, the country of 51 million had tested over 270,000 people by mid-March, reports the Guardian.

Further, utilizing GPS phone tracking, CCTV and credit card transaction monitoring, the country employs a comprehensive universal contact tracing strategy—automating alerts to people who may have been exposed to COVID-19 via text message. Officials say this system requires only 10-minutes per case.

These will be the same tests that have lead to the (now, considered by many virologists, incorrect) conclusion that previously-infected people can be reinfected.

Person tested.
- positive result
- patient recovers
- negative result*
- subsequent test gives positive result

Many virologists believe that this * result was erroneous; Cambridge's Dr Chris Smith has reported that the quick(ish) tests are c. 65% accurate i.e. barely better than flipping a coin.

All we can be sure of, of the above, is that the tests being reported in the above are little better than guesses.

As these tests are the basis for all of the other measures - contact tracing, text message warnings, imposed selective lockdown / quarantining, etc - is it acceptable to impose all of those measures on random people, based on little more than guessing?
Perhaps more pertinently, is any good done overall, by locking down uninfected people, yet not locking down those who have returned false-negative results (and this is without considering the significant proportion of infected people who show no symptoms anyway)?

I said you sure. I questioned it, but did not totally dismiss it boyo. Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote. (y)
Ok. You sure there’s 3 strains boyo? Nosey's sure there’s two. One or both of you must be wrong. You better question him next and sort it out amongst yourselves. (y)

Sponsored Links
Back