11 Weeks Ago

So, after your criticism of what the government is doing, the answer from you to my question asking who YOU would support to do a better job than the current government effectively is 'nobody'. You’d be ****ing great in a crisis - but only in explaining why you cant do anything!
Oh dear, are we suffering a comprehension defecit.

I did not say nobody, please try reading a bit more carefully, you might understand more.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
From what the recent tabloids are telling us is that 98.4% of the nhs have STILL not been tested yet despite numerous promises form Doris the clown, and people keep spouting about Doris doing a great job, lets see these people say that when its their family going into the ground in a box.

From what the recent tabloids are telling us is that 98.4% of the nhs have STILL not been tested yet despite numerous promises form Doris the clown, and people keep spouting about Doris doing a great job, lets see these people say that when its their family going into the ground in a box.
My guess is that the NHS staff that have been tested were tested because they were admitted to hospital with severe symptoms.

To me the crux is the pitiful number of tests we are performing. Given that then there's not enough tests being performed, to test much of the NHS (9k a day means we could test the NHS patient facing people once every 50 days [numbers very approximate] , assuming no one else is ever tested), the policy is probably more or less right. Until the number of tests that can be run is increased nothing can change.

only 2,000 NHS staff have been tested so far , I think

Oh dear :rolleyes:

only 2,000 NHS staff have been tested so far , I think

Not so

One private lab company has been testing 15 gp surgery's for over 2 weeks (?) now

That's staff in the surgery's

Doubt any of these figures are in official stastics
They are working directly for the surgery's

My guess is that the NHS staff that have been tested were tested because they were admitted to hospital with severe symptoms.

To me the crux is the pitiful number of tests we are performing. Given that then there's not enough tests being performed, to test much of the NHS (9k a day means we could test the NHS patient facing people once every 50 days [numbers very approximate] , assuming no one else is ever tested), the policy is probably more or less right. Until the number of tests that can be run is increased nothing can change.

testing is the only way this country can get back to some normality.

its frustrating that the government seem to be more interested in campaigning than getting the job done

we've seen lots of pictures of NHS Nightingale but they should have put the same energy into getting the tests sorted -especially getting the private labs sorted to do it.

testing is the only way this country can get back to some normality.

its frustrating that the government seem to be more interested in campaigning than getting the job done

we've seen lots of pictures of NHS Nightingale but they should have put the same energy into getting the tests sorted -especially getting the private labs sorted to do it.
There was something in the paper about how there are several variations on the process to test for Covid-19, but only one is formally authorised in the UK.

That might help explain the statements where we claim 'there's no reagents available' and the rest of the world replies 'what are you talking about, there's loads'.

Not so

One private lab company has been testing 15 gp surgery's for over 2 weeks (?) now

That's staff in the surgery's

Doubt any of these figures are in official stastics
They are working directly for the surgery's

you may well be right -Ive only repeated the announcements in the press.

On the radio last night talking to the bloke running the lab

Results with in 90 minisutes

They test directly for the virus

20 other labs in the Area are getting on board

None of em are accredited by the NHS due to red tape pencil pushers and waste of space paper shufflers

None of em are accredited by the NHS due to red tape pencil pushers and waste of space paper shufflers

yes I heard this is the problem -the NHS has limited accredited labs, only a dozen or so. We are now sending samples to Germany for testing....

I believe there are 44 labs which can do it

Sponsored Links
Back