2-pin to 3-pin (Chinese made product)

£1 shop generic usb cable some wire strippers and insulation tape is all you need. If you are careful you could splice it in without cutting through the cable so that everything still works.

Sponsored Links
I suspect what the OP is looking for is this
http://cpc.farnell.com/powerconnections/bca-wh-3a/battery-charger-adaptor-3a-white/dp/PL09959
EuroPSU converter.jpg

These have a screw which secures the PSU and is covered when the unit is plugged in. I have not seen these other than at CPC Farnell.

i still wouldn't stick an imported power supply in a power outlet even if it did have CE marks. I've imported a lot of stuff from china and power supplies are often hilariously wired inside and frequently go pop.

Sponsored Links
i still wouldn't stick an imported power supply in a power outlet even if it did have CE marks. I've imported a lot of stuff from china and power supplies are often hilariously wired inside and frequently go pop.
Where does one find a power supply of this sort which has not been imported from China (or somewhere similar) ?

Kind Regards, John

from someone who imports wholesale, checks quality and sells retail taking responsibility for the product and their legal obligations, not someone trading direct to the uk consumer who doesn't care.

from someone who imports wholesale, checks quality and sells retail taking responsibility for the product and their legal obligations, not someone trading direct to the uk consumer who doesn't care.
Oh, fair enough - you appeared to be talking about imported power supplies in general (which I suspect accounts for nearly all of them!).

Kind Regards, John

Via e-bay.
OK, but from who? Was it shipped from?

If any hint of 'direct from China' applies to the seller or the dispatcher then don't be surprised if you find, no matter how good the reviews are for the functionality, that you may have bought a pile of dangerous cr@p.

The device (MECOOL M8S Pro+) gets excellent reviews on the tech sites. I tried for a few minutes using the dodgy adapter and it does indeed work well.
Until the dodgy power supply with fake markings and which cannot legally be imported into the UK catches fire.

£1 shop generic usb cable some wire strippers and insulation tape is all you need. If you are careful you could splice it in without cutting through the cable so that everything still works.
Without cutting through which cable - that of the new USB or the existing PSU? I don't think I could start this job without some kind of tutorial but couldn't find this specific job on youtube. Is there a 'how to' anywhere?

If I can't find a 'legit' PSU with the same size jack (see last post on p2) then this USB option seems the best way to get a safe power supply.

the objective of buying the £1 shop usb cable is to give you a pre soldered length of wire with a usb he'd on. So cut right through that and pair back the wires

on your power supply cable, just pair back the wires without cutting through, then wrap the new usb pairs to the correctly stripped wires and tape up.

Thanks. I think this video is what I was looking for originally:
Skip to 2m30s - he says the USB cable has 4 wires, two of which are for data and can be ignored. Would you agree with that?
The guy checks that he's connecting the wires correctly by what looks like trial and error (4m15) - had he got it wrong, would the device not be damaged?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back