200 mph

Sponsored Links
Doesn't help you when done **** mows you down though......

And I'm in support of cycling, before anyone kicks off(y)
indeed, just because I am entitled doesn't mean I ride down the A1. I do choose quiet roads, but there are some motorists who don't seem too keen on cyclists being there either.
I'm lucky that there is a wealth of very quiet roads where I live, but occasionally I do have to venture onto roads that are not too good, todays ride will involve half a mile on the A68 - I get off when I hear something coming fast.

and you will stop 95% from attempting to pass, but there is that sizeable minority who you will enrage and they will tailgate, blast on the horn or just go for the russian roulette overtake.
Indeed...Well said...Keep close to the gutter(avoiding sunken drain, debris) adjacent a pedestrian refuge and 50% of drivers will insist on squeezing past rather than slow down,,drive in middle of road and 50% of drivers go into freekin orbit and think its a capital offence designed to enrage them, punishable by horns blaring,tail gating,verbal abuse, engine revving etc.

I think some are missing the point. The current idea is to get people to commute on push bikes when they can. This is not a case of going for a nice ride in the country.

I have done that on 2 wheels with and without a motor in all weathers. Anyone who thinks cycle lanes aren't a good idea for that is some sort of nutcase. They have so called E scooters coming along as well, electric bikes are already available. Via people at work and my own experiences I know what accidents do tend to happen especially when on 2 wheels. They are generally not the riders fault. I've had the same collar bone broken twice. Nothing to do with my riding. Little can be done if some one just pulls out of a side road and there is no chance of stopping. Nothing due to my speed either.

My :( was due to just how they could do this on a couple of main roads into B'ham from the south side. ;) Any direction really. Also practicalities such as some using cars, white van man, buses and deliveries etc. According to the briefs things are going to change and it seems some of the work has been done while the roads are quiet. E bikes as e scooters are likely to allow 15.5mph as it seems faster than that needs a license. I expect there will be calls for people to take courses at some point. They are probably already available. They should be.

Those close fitting sunglasses. The bloke that rode into me hadn't a clue how it happened so I told him. Caused him to look very thoughtful. There is no other explanation. Maybe if I had been speeding it wouldn't have happened. Probably wouldn't have if there were more cars on the road but there wasn't. Nice wide A road, 30mph limit and he literally rode into me. Something clearly was restricting his wider vision. He did have insurance - good job. Not much of a dent and as I noticed him he wasn't riding too fast, just looking down the road.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Those close fitting sunglasses. The bloke that road into me hadn't a clue how it happened so I told him. Caused him to look very thoughtful. There is no other explanation.
Course there is...looking at something else for a start..you just jumping to conclusions

No it isn't. Those that drive too fast in unsuitable conditions is the main problem and that can just be at any speed from scarcely moving and up. I do a fair bit of one track road driving as well.

Just seen a cyclist on the M3 taking a whole lane instead of staying on the hard shoulder (in reality he shouldn't have been on a motorway, but at least be sensible).
Long line of cars behind the idiot unable to overtake because of traffic on 2nd lane.
Did he not deserve the swearing he got???
Not from me, I was on the 2nd lane.

Those that drive too fast in unsuitable conditions i
Those that think there ability allows them to break speed limits..not at all about ""conditions""how the hell do you know what is around the next corner if you decide ""conditions"" allow you to do 60mph in a 30 limit??? Etc etc

Those that think there ability allows them to break speed limits..not at all about ""conditions""how the hell do you know what is around the next corner if you decide ""conditions"" allow you to do 60mph in a 30 limit??? Etc etc
Mine does and so would yours if you'd had the training.

Assessing the conditions is not just about it being wet or dry, good or bad surface. Its about what you can see, where the hazards are etc.
Here are 2 examples 1 where you could do 60 in a 30 safely and the other where you should probably be doing 30 in a 60 to be safe.
View attachment 193779
example 2.png
example.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back