200 mph

Imo push bikes should be banned off the road

The head down bum up brigade are a danger to. Themselves and every one else

Holding up traffic which causes pollution
Wearing ridiculous clothing

At the very least insurance should be compulsory and there bikes subject to some type of mot
Plus they should pay road tax

:)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Those that think there ability allows them to break speed limits..not at all about ""conditions""how the hell do you know what is around the next corner if you decide ""conditions"" allow you to do 60mph in a 30 limit??? Etc etc

Who the hell said I do decide to do 60 in a 30 limit? I'd already mentioned what I do in 30 and 40 limits. I stick to them often better than others do.

Motorbiking's London Rd looks like a 30 to me as lamp posts and can't see any speed signs.

Rose Lane is one where some one should not park just on the exit from the bend but the fact that some idiot might does mean bearing that in mind. My near death experience was on one like that. Once is enough. Later it was converted to no stopping. I had driven around the bend numerous times, usually a couple of times a week. That is when something like that is most likely to happen.

I do drive on roads as per EFL's but usually a bit wider but not always. Often on ones that just allow oncoming traffic to pass. Speed depends on how far an what I can see. Bumps etc too.

How far I can see and how well a car performs always influences how I drive.

Yep London road is a 30, rose lane NSL. You can easily see it’s clear 400yds on London road, there is good visibility, clear sight lines, obvious pavement and a central reserve. There would be many scenarios where 60 was safe. I suspect the 30 limit is to improve quality of life for local residents. I’m alright with that and would adhere to the limit.

rose lane, left handed off camber decreasing radius in to climb. You can see from the tree line. Primary risk someone coming over the hump not realising it’s a drop in to a right hander. You therefore need to double your stopping distance as you can’t see the vanishing point opening up.

all stuff covered on any advanced driving course and hardly ever covered on speed awareness. Shame really the former might save your life and someone else’s.

Last edited:
Treat yourself to a speed awareness course and become educated that there are no excuses for breaking speed limits.

You've just said that you have had a ticket. I've had a couple in rather a lot of years. 85mp on an empty M4 to help pay for the safety cameras.

Motorway driving at 70mph is plain boring and drivers get distracted.
In 40 odd years driving i've never seen a pedestrian on motorway, but i've seen plenty of drivers getting distracted because 70mph is too slow.
Some motorways now have 5 wide lanes and at times are deserted.
You can see a mile ahead, but must stick to 70mph.
Plain stupid.
In the old days with brakes half powerful than that of modern cars I've safety driven double that speed for long journeys.
Nowadays I don't even go out of my county so boring driving has become.
I do agree to the 30mph limit in urban areas though.
That's plenty.

In 40 odd years driving i've never seen a pedestrian on motorway,

I have seen pedestrians on the motorway, walking along the hard shoulder. Also children playing. Also cars stopping on the hard shoulder to drop people off to places adjacent. Also cyclists on the hard shoulder. Also pairs of cars stopped, usually under a bridge, doing drug deals. Also horses, cattle and sheep. Funniest of all, on the deserted M6 one very bright and sunny early morning, hundreds of rabbits!

All these things happen, but not very often.

You've just said that you have had a ticket. I've had a couple in rather a lot of years. 85mp on an empty M4 to help pay for the safety cameras.

I think speed cameras should be covert, and plentiful.

Sponsored Links
Back