50 million pound Holocaust mermorial.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
David Camoron has said the government is to donate 50 million pounds towards the building of a memorial centre to commemorate the Holocaust,
Whatever happened to austerity, isn't the UK supposed to be broke.

Sponsored Links
Things have improved a lot since the tories ousted labour. Happy days.

Sponsored Links
Will need a term or two of UKIP in power before the damage caused by 13 years of Labour damage - and that's only if UKIP keep to their manifesto, and that's a big 'if'. Tory doesn't do what it says on the tin any more.

Lets face it, it wouldn't take a lot to improve on what labour did to this country.
But yes I agree ukip are the way forward now.

All the Tories have done is given us gay marriage and stoked up an illusory pre-election boom. The false boom is, once again, built on cheap debt, house prices, and a quick injection of readies from people using the new rules to swap their retirement for a new car and a couple of cruises.

Still, I suppose it would be difficult being shackled to the liberals, but they have just managed this country's decline slightly better than Labour.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
All the Tories have done is given us gay marriage and stoked up an illusory pre-election boom. The false boom is, once again, built on cheap debt, house prices, and a quick injection of readies from people using the new rules to swap their retirement for a new car and a couple of cruises.

Still, I suppose it would be difficult being shackled to the liberals, but they have just managed this country's decline slightly better than Labour.

That is perfectly true. It seems like everything the Tories have proposed, the Limp Dems have vetoed. I suppose that someone who has never had any real power before, once given some, over-reacts and tries to throw their weight about.

Thankfully, the Limp Dems are history.

David Camoron has said the government is to donate 50 million pounds towards the building of a memorial centre to commemorate the Holocaust,

There's an election coming up so he can promise what he likes, doesn't mean he will ever get around to doing it. The bloke is one giant sack of rotten jelly.

Fifty million quid towards a memorial. Will it be made of pure gold?

Yes that's one of the things that always makes me wonder , the huge cost of projects. I don't know exactly what this memorial will be but I suspect some sort of stone structure , maybe a statue of some kind and some engraved plaques with perhaps a visitor centre , car parks , gardens and so on. Large maybe but not 50 million . Still we're used to thinking in huge sums for building projects , think of Wembley stadium , 90,000 plastic seats on concrete tiers surrounding a field £798 million please.

Time for Victorian Values - many monuments of that time are inscribed with "By public subscription " If any of my ancestors had been consumed by the Holocaust I would be happy to subscribe .

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

So we're not short of money after all. That makes me feel so much better and more confident in the future.

I wonder what the benefit will be.
Some wealthy people will make more money.

I had assumed the memorial would be at Auschwitz or at least in Germany.

Shall we have something to commemorate every disaster in the world?

The Joseph Stalin school of ...

Sponsored Links
Back