A religion history lesson needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
In which case, Jesus, after his crucifixion and subsequent resurrection, was around for about another 30 years.

Although, 'meeting him', compared to hearing and talking to, is a completely different kettle of fish.
There are a few on here who imagine someone has said something, but it is a figment of their imagination.
Nevertheless, they construct an argument based on this imagined comment.

Jesus stayed on earth forty days after His resurrection “To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God” (Acts 1:3).

paul was persecuting the Christians,even permitting them to be stoned to death, Christ struck him blind, his assailants,saw the brightness of his appearance , and heard Jesus speak to paul, saying paul why you kicking against the thorns. (meaning, paul was defending the same God as the one he was persecuting]

well it was not a normal meeting flesh to flesh ,granted, it was more of an encounter or appearance but still Christ appeared and spoke to him, instructed him and forgave him, restored his sight, and gave him the greatest mission a man could have.

As we all know, Jesus was a great bloke, wandering round doing really good things, but I don't remember him saying 'what we're gonna do is set up a big ol' HQ in Italy n call it the Vatican'........so how did that happen?

if Jesus was on earth today, would he be in the Vatican, no, absolutely not, and if he did go, it would be to call them out as a false,he would reveal there fakeness.and there false teachings.

Just think. If Jesus had been born and died in modern times religious types would have to wear miniature electric chairs or guillotines around their necks instead of gold crucifixes, and people who experience stigmata would not bleed from their hands and feet, they would violently shake with their hair standing on end and smoking, or their head would fall off.

Sponsored Links
One might use the word "hallucination," of course.

I'm not really much of a religious fella, but I like the thought of Jesus, God n living a correct life, but I have no idea who wrote the new testament, why did we need a new one? and who wrote the old one?
I was told that Christianity is Judiasm for Gentiles, hence the New testament.

Religion ??

We worked for a Lady who was in the Parsee (?) religion , its some sect in India . Interesting take on body disposal after death.

Worked for the Christian Scientist church down this way for a good few years.

Use to work with a bloke (apprentice) who was in the Plymouth Bretheren. Still carry out work for 2 households in that religion.

worked for an Eygptian lady (tenant) her husband was a cancer doctor at the local county hospital. She suffered racial abuse at the local school from some parents . Quite serious as well , police got involved

Ive always thought it a bit strange, but quite a few businesses that sell ironmongery are Plymouth Brethren. I know 6 that Ive bought stuff from over the years.

Its a religion that if you decide to leave, you will be totally shunned.

But if you are in, then you get looked after......a bit like the masons

"Use to work with a bloke (apprentice) who was in the Plymouth Bretheren. Still carry out work for 2 households in that religion."

Nutty as a box of frogs. Like JW's with scarves for all the ladies. No TV's in the home?? The ones I work for all have big houses, run businesses and have large families. As customers...excellent. Honest as the day is long. Good payers.

"Use to work with a bloke (apprentice) who was in the Plymouth Bretheren. Still carry out work for 2 households in that religion."

Nutty as a box of frogs. Like JW's with scarves for all the ladies. No TV's in the home?? The ones I work for all have big houses, run businesses and have large families. As customers...excellent. Honest as the day is long. Good payers.

bloke we worked with was not allowed to eat in front of you o_O arranged marriages from what I could make out

Me & my mate heard that they were giving out interest free loans ;) we said we would join up if there was something in it for us :) we were pretty much told to fox trot Oscar :eek: still that's there loss :LOL:

As we all know, Jesus was a great bloke, wandering round doing really good things, but I don't remember him saying 'what we're gonna do is set up a big ol' HQ in Italy n call it the Vatican'........so how did that happen?
I have no idea but I've been there and its like nothing I've even seen before

IMG_3832.JPG

IMG_3837.JPG

IMG_3849.JPG

IMG_3867.JPG

IMG_3831.JPG

IMG_3834.JPG

IMG_3835.JPG

IMG_3836.JPG

IMG_3864.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

Status