A religion history lesson needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or build it, that dome on St Paul's Bascillia is 150mtrs high!!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I would say the building is more a credit to the tradesmen, stonemasons,painters,artists,than it is to the roman catholic church, in which the bible exposes it as a false church.

Err....it's St Peters Basilica bud.
The missus and me have done Rome too. Incredible architecture.

It is isn't it, amazing!! The door to our apartment was amazing on its own!!

Every street had something great, these were in a church miles from the Vatican, very cool!!
IMG_8792.PNG

IMG_8793.PNG

Christianity, noun: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

The bible does not mention the Roman Catholic church.

Looks like we have a "religious" nutter on our hands.
I don't think he was claiming that the Roman church is mentioned in the Bible as such, he could mean that if you study the Bible you will see that the the teachings and laws of the Roman church are false.
I could be wrong of course.

I would say the building is more a credit to the tradesmen, stonemasons,painters,artists,than it is to the roman catholic church, in which the bible exposes it as a false church.
It is all very well admiring the craftsmanship of the artisans who created these works of art but it should be remembered that the money to pay for all this came off the backs the poor gullible peasentry.

You are putting your own interpretation on what he wrote.
His meanings in his comments are (intentionally) vague and open to misinterpretation and it will take a lot of asking and goading to get him to clarify his meaning, and even then it will be, again, confusing, vague and given reluctantly, and accompanied with some abuse.

It is almost like he dismisses the teachings of his religion in his pursuance of his preaching.

On this occasion I would agree that his comment can only be interpreted one way, "the bible exposes the Roman Catholic church as a false church."

As John says, the Bible does not mention that church.

The Bible decries all other religions, except Christianity, but the Roman Catholic church is a Christian church, so how can the Bible 'expose it as a false church'?
Answer: it cannot without explicitly mentioning it, and it does not!

The only other way is to prove that any specific church that you wish to decry is not a Christian church. The Bible does not attempt any such proof.
If B&B wishes to have a go at proving the Roman Catholic church is not a Christian church, I wish him the best of luck.
But judging by his vague and confusing attempts at espousing relatively simple concepts, and his blatant refusal to clarify those vague and confusing comments, I doubt he will be presenting any reliable proof any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back