A religion history lesson needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting how many people turn to God in times of extreme stress like 'Please God, don't let my son die' etc. Not necessarily suddenly becoming a churchgoer but appealing and pleading to something we cant see.
I am the opposite.
When I hear of some kid being seriously sick and dying or death of a good person I know there is no god. If there is a god then he is a utter twisted bastard and certainly not worth being revered.
It is also true that we as civilised human beings are apart form animals because of our evolved intelligence and that we developed 'feelings' as part of that evolution process.
Animals have feelings. I think we evolved better because we have thumbs!!

Sponsored Links
Says he in a pointless attempt to use reasoning when discussing the opinions of someone who did not use that method to arrive at them in the first place.

If you think I need to be a Christian born again nutter to understand then what point is it to quote scripture at me when I asked a simple question?
You are in a nutshell the reason I don't like religious people. You can't answer the questions that people want to know or prove there is or was a god so you spout off your version of religious nonsense instead. I would have much more respect if you'd just put your hand up and said you couldn't prove their is a God but you yet still believe. That then is a more honest man.

why should I continue to reply to you, when you insult me.
you need to be born again to see God, not physical but spiritually connected. that's what born again means, we are all born naturaly, by the flesh, but spiritually your dead in sin,we have inherited a sinfull nature from birth, so you need to be born of the spirit, that comes through Christ, who payed for our sins, so we could be washed from sin, and reborn to God again, as we was before the fall. its sin that killed us spiritually, then physically we die, because of judgement of sin.
but you want physical evidence.
Gods creation is evidence of God, that's physical evidence.

Sponsored Links
There is no a single scientist in the world who would agree with that definition of "evidence".

Says he in a pointless attempt to use reasoning when discussing the opinions of someone who did not use that method to arrive at them in the first place.

There is no a single scientist in the world who would agree with that definition of "evidence".

there is plenty of scientists that believe, saying there is no scientists in the world that don't believe, is nonsense and ignorant.
you either believe or you don't, its not my responsibility to make you believe, neither is it my responsibility to try converting any one, but it is my responsibility to share what I know.
what you do with it is down to you not me.

I didn't say there are no scientists who don't believe (although if they do I would question their right to call themselves scientists, since they have clearly abandoned any pretence at scientific method, but that's another matter).

Do you have problems with reading?

There is not a single scientist in the world who would agree with your definition of "evidence".

it is my responsibility to share what I know.
If you put it like that then it is equally my responsibility to push back against your nonsense and ignorance.

And BTW - you do not know any of the things you are "sharing" - you only believe them to be true, and you have not, nor is there, a shred of evidence that they are anything more than ignorant nonsense.

but you didn't quote scripture.

Try and quote a biblical verse that I can look at. Then explain how it declares the ROMAN catholic church to be false.

catholic = universal...may i take communion in a roman catholic church as a practicing protestant?
you can come to ours, and any who wish to meet the lord at the table..to remember him
transubstantiation is a cruel way bind fast people together in a common mind set..religare..that is not catholic..

Hebrews 11:1 King James Version (KJV)
11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 1:17 King James Version (KJV) Habbakuk 2:4 old testament root for the Lutheran Wittenberg 95 theses...

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith...Thank you Martin Luther

Matthew 23:8 (KJV)
8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Matthew 23:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

i go to catholic churches for fellowship occasionally to have fellowship with friends who attend but always come away slightly saddened and empty...
have you tried visiting an evangelical bible based fellowship...you would be greatly welcomed..and hear teachings and not lections which repeat annually or bi annually...but fresh and clear spirit led messages specific to the listeners..

sorry for butting in but the Word is clear...we cant pick and choose..
cheers
geof

why should I continue to reply to you, when you insult me.
you need to be born again to see God, not physical but spiritually connected. that's what born again means, we are all born naturaly, by the flesh, but spiritually your dead in sin,we have inherited a sinfull nature from birth, so you need to be born of the spirit, that comes through Christ, who payed for our sins, so we could be washed from sin, and reborn to God again, as we was before the fall. its sin that killed us spiritually, then physically we die, because of judgement of sin.
but you want physical evidence.
Fair enough, I apologise for being rude to you, I was out of order.

It would be nice to be able to get a straight answer from you, without you quoting scripture.

Why is it that Mormons and jehovah's witnesses come knocking at my door trying to convince me to join their religion? I mean, I love football, but I don't knock on their doors on a Saturday afternoon trying to get them to come and watch Cardiff city with me

isn't it because they believe that they are right, and everyone else is wrong, so it their duty to convert all the non-believers who may otherwise be destined to eternal damnation?

Even St Patrick was a missionary. there have been many more.

Consider yourself lucky they don't try to murder you for failing to share their beliefs. Christians (and others) have a bad record for that. Religionists have a long and shameful history.

Mormon militiamen, with the help of auxiliary forces hiding nearby, attacked the emigrants and killed all of them that they thought were old enough to be potential witnesses to report the attack
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_Massacre

the massacre of the inhabitants of Jerusalem
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(1099)#Massacre

Richard I of England had more than two thousand Muslim soldiers and civilians from the captured city killed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_at_Ayyadieh

Crusaders Massacre the Jews of Mainz
https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/this-day-massacre-in-mainz-1.5249699

at least 107 Palestinians were killed, including women and children
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deir_Yassin_massacre

eleven Protestant workmen, lined them up alongside it and shot them
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsmill_massacre

The Rhineland massacres also known as the German Crusade of 1096
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhineland_massacres

We work or have worked for the

Christian Science Church ( I am a key holder)

Unatarian Church afaik

Members of the Plymouth Bretheren

Have done work for the Baptist church

2 Roman catholic schools

They all pay there bills :)

And quite likely most of them don't have a record for institutionalised abuse of children and the vulnerable.

And quite likely most of them don't have a record for institutionalised abuse of children and the vulnerable.

dunno tbh .

Doubt if any religions have such records . Do Islamic Mosques in the UK keep such records ? of child abuse , vulnerable , and general abuse of wives, daughters ect ?

Or are u only interested in the abuse that go's on in the Christian type religions ?

Wait for it ;) the race card will be played ;):)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back