A religion history lesson needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were created to communicate with god?

If I were to speak to any other thing that wasn't there I'd get locked up in the funny farm.
Why is it that when someone speaks to God it's called praying, but when God speaks to them it's called paranoid schizophrenia?

Sponsored Links
It makes him sound brainwashed. He's just babbling rather than answer any questions.
I quote scripture, it explains it much better, and you can look it up, and see I am not making it up, scripture is final authority, nothing to do with brainwash, so if your not interested, go else were with your comments.

I quote scripture, it explains it much better, and you can look it up, and see I am not making it up, scripture is final authority, nothing to do with brainwash, so if your not interested, go else were with your comments.
We know you are not making it up but you are just quoting what someboby else made up a while ago.

That doesn't mean it is true.

You may as well quote from the Harry Potter books and state that is what you believe.

Sponsored Links
you didn't quote anything to support your anti-Catholic claims.

Why don't you obey Leviticus?

https://carm.org/list-of-roman-catholic-false-teachings

I put up a u tube vid and theres more. look it up and compare.

Leviticus, it was for the israelites at that time, it is not required now, we are now under grace by faith not under law. that does not mean we are lawless, but we are not subject to those laws, in terms of salvation.

your link doesn't work, it takes me to a scammer page.

You can give some bible references without needing utube.

Give me one, for a start.

not required now

so you only follow those parts of the Scriptures that suit your own bias, prejudices and opinions. You consider the rules and interpretations of your own organisation to override the word of God.

I knew that would be the case.

It might work for you, but you don't really think anybody else will consider that to be "following the bible," do you?

your link doesn't work, it takes me to a scammer page.

You can give some bible references without needing utube.

Give me one, for a start.

so you only follow those parts of the Scriptures that suit your own bias, prejudices and opinions. You consider the rules and interpretations of your own organisation to override the word of

I knew that would be the case.

It might work for you, but you don't really think anybody else will consider that to be "following the bible," do you?

you use links, u tube, so can I. and I did explain about purgatory being unbiblical.

I don't follow scriptures that suits me, and its not bias, predudices, opinions, its based on truth.

https://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/catholic-deception.htm

As we all know, Jesus was a great bloke, wandering round doing really good things, but I don't remember him saying 'what we're gonna do is set up a big ol' HQ in Italy n call it the Vatican'........so how did that happen?

what is your favourite book in the bible which you base your description of Jesus
read 2 timothy 4: 3-4

that is why we have a fragmented and sect ridden christian religion today
Roman rituals were christianised, and it followed everyone wanted a "piece" of the action hence the market in doubtful items known as icons...wood, bone, etc..talismans for the masses...pun intended
i think if you want this clarified more...join a bible based church where the truth is spoken, go to the foot of the cross and say the sinners prayer...things will be more clear then
:whistle::unsure:

No, it doesn't explain it better.

No, it doesn't explain it better.

If quote scripture, it explains it perfectly, but your not going to understand it all, because you need to be born again,to see it as it is.
satan has tried to destroy the scriptures for thousands of years, because it is powerful, but he cannot, because God protects it.

Tis all a load of mumbo jumbo imho .

Mind you I hope there is life after death ?

We work for a hindu lady , she spends 6 months of the year in the UK, a stray cat came to there door she believes that it is some one she has known that has died and has come back as a cat & turned up around her house for assistance.

Mumbo Jumbo ?? or not, I do like her thinking I find that kind & decent .

If quote scripture, it explains it perfectly, but your not going to understand it all, because you need to be born again,to see it as it is.
satan has tried to destroy the scriptures for thousands of years, because it is powerful, but he cannot, because God protects it.
If you think I need to be a Christian born again nutter to understand then what point is it to quote scripture at me when I asked a simple question?
You are in a nutshell the reason I don't like religious people. You can't answer the questions that people want to know or prove there is or was a god so you spout off your version of religious nonsense instead. I would have much more respect if you'd just put your hand up and said you couldn't prove their is a God but you yet still believe. That then is a more honest man.

I find it interesting how many people turn to God in times of extreme stress like 'Please God, don't let my son die' etc. Not necessarily suddenly becoming a churchgoer but appealing and pleading to something we cant see.

It is also true that we as civilised human beings are apart form animals because of our evolved intelligence and that we developed 'feelings' as part of that evolution process. You can dismiss/accept God in the same way you can dismiss/accept any feelings.

Spirituality.
Love.
Hate.
Guilt.
Horny

I find it interesting how many people turn to God in times of extreme stress like 'Please God, don't let my son die' etc. Not necessarily suddenly becoming a churchgoer but appealing and pleading to something we cant see.

I know what you mean but it isn't actually to God.

I've done it myself and it's hard to explain but it's more 'Please don't let my daughter loose her hair'. I'd say your just thinking it to yourself rather than trying to communicate it to your child, the doctor, the universe or any god.

Saying the Catholic religion is any different to any other is just, if it exists, Religeosism :LOL: :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back