Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you feel about wannabe internet policemen coming onto your site and trying to take over the job which is yours to do, implying in the process that you are failing in your duties?
Do you not feel that redherrings posts are an affront to your authority?
If I were you I would strongly consider banning the idiot forthwith and blocking his ip address.

Sponsored Links
Do we really need multiple threads harping on about the same thing?
RH is as entitled to his opinion as anyone else. If he finds things offensive then it's his right to say or act on them how he see's fit.
People on here have no hesitation to throw their opinions about and abuse others when they disagree.
Why is that any more right or wrong with what RH is doing?

Personally I don't care, people can be as racist or as PC as they like, it's only an internet forum and it's opinions. If people have broken the law as RH seems to think then there is a case, if they haven't then who gives a sheite.

The point is as you said it is a forum.
Not a private "nanny state" for a self proclaimed traffic warden.

But why do so many people care? If they haven't done anything wrong then what's the issue how much of a tw@t someone else is being.
There's loads of them on here in one shape or form, we're all adults (as far as I can tell), life often throws up things we don't like or agree with - do you all bit!tch and whine about them all? Or do you just get on with life?

Sponsored Links
But why do so many people care? If they haven't done anything wrong then what's the issue how much of a t**t someone else is being.
There's loads of them on here in one shape or form, we're all adults (as far as I can tell), life often throws up things we don't like or agree with - do you all bit!tch and whine about them all? Or do you just get on with life?

Says djnikon.......bit!tching and whining. :LOL:

Merely asking a question Sooey, I believe that is still ok on a forum primarily for asking questions.
As I said, personally I don't care what other people's opinions are some are downright funny, some are make me cringe (but it's completely subjective) but not a serious threat to changing my mind on certain issues. I'm just interested as to why some are willing to throw their opinions about but when others do there is an outcry.
like the Joe/IMAM thing on racism. Ok Joe might (note: might, he might not) be racist and IMAM isn't (or claims not to be). Was there a requirement for about 10 threads all talking the same stuff through?
That's all I am interested in Sooey. Thanks

It's a general discussion forum which mirrors life itself, people talk about different things and keep going back to the same subjects over and over, especially when they're pizzed. :LOL:
And also as in life itself, people get seriously pizzed off when some pr1ck comes along and tries to tell them what they can and can't talk about.
I'd love to see that t*t redherring go into his nearest boozer and start making notes. :LOL: :LOL:

As has been stated by Djnikon, this is going on and on and on. We ALL have opinions, some of us have an opinion on everything! Redherring2 has as much right as ANYONE here to voice his opinions. Some are shouting down that opinion as they don't agree... again, it's YOUR opinion and you're allowed to voice it (within reasonable grounds ie without abusive language, racist remarks etc). Demanding/requesting that someone else's opinions be banned/deleted will fall on deaf ears and rightly so. That point is made toward everyone including me, all those here, Redherring2, EVERYONE.

As for Admin, he's a big lad, he can look after the site without any guidance.

Indeed you are correct Sooey. It's a forum where people can express their opinions and should have no fear of recrimination.
From what I can make out, RH isn't telling you what you cannot discuss he's taking it upon himself (within his rights and to his opinion) to report what HE finds offensive. You can still discuss until your heart's content.
If there truly is nothing of offence (or illegal) in the posts then the poster should fear no deletions or bans - surely.
Also, if RH is as overly sensitive as some suggest then the mods will probably get pizzed (nice word by the way) at his constant alerts and either ignore them or end up banning him for being a nuisance.

I too would like to see the pub scenario. Just as much as I would like to see someone walk in to downtown Harlem and start to air racist views. That would be fun to watch :LOL:

The problem is that RH2 doesn't argue his corner because he knows I'll kick him all round the forum as I did when he posted as Meggawatt.

That's his choice to do so (or not to do so as is the case here) Joe, not yours.
Also if there is no credence in his legal threats I'm not sure the site owner is going to pay him much due.
If the owner or the Admin feel that he should go then he will, if not then it's not your, my or anyone else's decision to make but theirs.
The site will go on, discussions will still go on and people will still jam their opinions in. It's the way of the world, we won't all get along on everything but that's life.

I would like to see someone walk in to downtown Harlem and start to air racist views. That would be fun to watch :LOL:
Or another person in another area, a predominately a white neighbourhood for example.

Anyway, I've gotta go, struggling to fix some skirting! Need longer/larger plugs (walls are a bit out and trying to pull the skirting up is pulling the plugs back out! Got no transport so have to wait till wifey gets home. Bah! :evil:

Blasphemous";p="2244335 said:
I would like to see someone walk in to downtown Harlem and start to air racist views. That would be fun to watch :LOL:
Or another person in another area, a predominately a white neighbourhood for example.

Indeed, I stated Harlem as just back from NY and ventured up there. It really is something else. :eek:

You just aren't getting it are you? If I make a post calling someone a ni**er - it will be removed by the mods. However, the posts that RH complains about AREN'T removed by the mods as they don't share his opinion - but rather than get involved in a legal hassle with the 'authorities' the post is removed. Get it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back