Am I going to be sued ?

Just read through this thread, some interesting comments,

I have two points that no one seems to have covered.
First, If the woman was not satisfied with the standard of workmanship, why didnt she remark about it while the work was progressing, the problems could have been explained at the time and put right. or did she not have access to the property until all the work was completed ?

Second, When it came to settling the account why didnt she say something about the workmanship standard at that time, why did she wait for a month to elapse before she complained.?

It sounds to me that someone has put her up to complaining possibly a relative or someone who said they would have done the work for her for free and she is now trying to get the costs of the decorating reimbursed

Sponsored Links
Bosswhite.
Thanks for your comments...you were a little surprised at her not complaining as the work progressed...hopefully the judge will be just as mystified and confused and hopefully I'll not lose the case.

Everything is in your favour mate, just see it through and do what you're meant to do regards the court process and you'll be fine.

I feel for you!

Bosswhite.
Thanks for your comments...you were a little surprised at her not complaining as the work progressed...hopefully the judge will be just as mystified and confused and hopefully I'll not lose the case.

In the Summer I put in an estimate for a decorating job, it was quite detailed as to the work I was to carry out, never heard anything assumed my price was to high (Swings and roundabouts) However I then got a telephone call to say could I do the work there was a problem though,
the people had employed some one else whose price was cheaper however they complained to him about standard of his workmanship and asked him to put it right, he walked off site. (the standard was extremely poor and by coincidence this is the second time I have followed this particular Painter/ Decorator and corrected his work for a customer).

So as I see it , it is up to the client to ensure the work is being carried out to their satisfaction as the job progressess, not ignore it and expect the work to be completely re-carried out at a later date when the job is finished , at the decorators expense.

Sponsored Links
Agree bosswhite....hope the judge does too.
Spoke to court mediation today and they're going to contact the claimant to see if she's willing to involve telephone mediation.
Will keep you informed as it's good experience for everybody.

Agree bosswhite....hope the judge does too.
Spoke to court mediation today and they're going to contact the claimant to see if she's willing to involve telephone mediation.
Will keep you informed as it's good experience for everybody.
Don't feel you have to back down on mediation. You've agreed to it so that shows your willingness to be reasonable, that's your obligation met. Chances are she'll get a***y and demand a day in front of the beak anyway.

alumni.
Agree with you. Her history so far is that she'll go to court as far as I'm concerned.
Quick story about the mediation...I phoned them when I got the letter the other day and they said the'd now phone her....I said 'what are you phoning her for? Surely it's up to her to contact you...as the letter states....it's another example of people chasing her ' Then I said 'she probably wont do mediation as she's too stubborn so hopefully the judge wont look too kindly on that as I've read on the net the judges like it sorted without a court case.' Their reply was that mediation is confidential and even if she tells them to eff off their report would say ' mediation wasn't successful on this occasion ' !!!!
Beginning to think I'm fighting a losing battle here.

Stick with it. Having it go to mediation reflects well on you.

If she is awkward with mediation, the judge will see her for what she is, similarly if she stands up in court. I think you've got nothing to lose.

It will be intimidating having to say your piece in court, but I think you're in a good position.

Well, Court mediation have been in touch...telephone mediation next week.
So it's going all the way. Anyone had any experience of this type of mediation ?

Down,t expect miracles from it. Mediation is merely a process. Expect your day in front of the judge. And that's a good thing.

Just be careful, if you do go there again to fix things for her, take some sort of recording device and have the whole conversation recorded, one woman tried to falsely accuse me of a common assault when she couldn't get it her way, some horrible mooo she turned out to be!

Always take someone with you when you get into a dispute when visiting lone and sick in the mind female species!

If you read the thread you'll see it's progressed way past that.

Mediation today...by phone. She didn't speak, left it to her solicitors..
I said eventually I'll give her half the money back ie £400. Mediator went to her lawyers..came back..she'll accept £1500 instead of the £2500 she's seeking...I said I'll give her the whole lot back £800 to get her off my back...mediator went back to her lawyers...they're busy...will speak again tomorrow !!!

Sponsored Links
Back