Amnesty on asylum claims

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
“Prime Minister Rishi Sunak plans to clear the ever-growing backlog of asylum applications by simply granting what amounts to an amnesty to migrants from a number of African and Middle Eastern countries, reports suggest”

Fantastic idea, it will save the massive cost of processing all those claims and allow them to work.

Whats not to like.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant idea Notch, I bet you are over the moon.

I don't like Amnesties as an approach. It means your system has failed, which it obviously has. If you've sorted the system out then an amnesty can clear the backlog and allow things to remain on a sustainable route, but we don't have that. Right now we're failing to process claims fast enough so this would just be postponing a long term solution to a labour government. In 12 months time we'll be using Hotels again and the wait will have spiraled up again.

Good for the individuals that the system has failed so far, but who wants to bet that it is announced with a matching reduction in our engagement with other routes for asylum seekers?

Sponsored Links
"Breitbart News Network is an American far-right syndicated news, opinion, and commentary website founded in mid-2007 by American conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart. Breitbart News's content has been described as misogynistic, xenophobic, and racist by academics and journalists"

I shall wait until I see reports in a reputable source.

What are the laws on Joint Enterprise and Assisting an Offender?

Assisting one gain entry to the UK is.

Sponsored Links
Back