Anybody want to defend him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I’d have thrown him off and banned him for life if I was Ryan Air.

Sponsored Links
Didn't look at your link but from what heard on the radio I would have defended her... So should I.

What gets me is David Lawrence who film it all from 3 rows back criticised all those who did not defend her.... Yet he sounded black himself and thought to film it rather than defend her was best....

Yafo you have a real problem

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not defending him . . . But it does appear that this thing kicked off as he approached the seat. The video doesn't capture the whole of the incident, that may be coincidental or it may be on purpose, but the video certainly does not cover the whole of the incident & most importantly the trigger event ?

Flying for some is a terrifying experience & the fight or flight hormones kick in which some people cannot handle. Air rage is closely linked to road rage & anger is an emotion that is born from fear.

The gentleman does come across as what I'd politely class as 'special', there isn't enough material to work with, but I'd bet this constitutes almost normal behaviour for him !

I'm not defending him, but I feel this is a non event which is totally irrelevant to the anti-racist cause & the coverage it is enjoying may have it's roots in Ryan Air bashing.

Guy that filmed it on his phone decided that filming was more important than stepping in..despite expressing his disgust that not many people stepped in.
Over 5 million hits on various "soshal meeja platforms". He made much about his belonging to the "windrush generation".

mental white man abuses black lady.

conniving black man makes the best out of the situation whilst playing the "brother card".

Last edited by a moderator:
Delsie Gayle, who was the target of a tirade of abuse by a fellow passenger on flight FR015 from Barcelona to London Stansted, said: “I was shocked, nobody ever said those words to me.”

Poor woman had just lost her husband..

Another passenger, David Lawrence, who filmed the incident on 15 October and posted it online, said he chose to publicise it to show the world what had happened

Tosser.

You need to grow some balls Mate..

Where's Yafo???

As far as I am concerned he should have been removed from the plane ! And then banned from flying!

What about him being convicted of a hate crime and the woman’s family starting legal proceedings against Ryanair?

I saw the lady and her daughter on the ITV news this morning. Whilst I sympathise with them for what happened and want to smack the guy for being such a ****, I feel the whole thing is getting blow out of proportion.

What about him being convicted of a hate crime and the woman’s family starting legal proceedings against Ryanair?

I saw the lady and her daughter on the ITV news this morning. Whilst I sympathise with them for what happened and want to smack the guy for being such a ****, I feel the whole thing is getting blow out of proportion.

Like anything in this day and age, rather than it be dealt as the matter it was, it becomes another stick to beat a political class with.

Guy that filmed it on his phone decided that filming was more important than stepping in..
If it hadn't been filmed, would the issue have been raised and got people talking about it?

More often than not recording an incident is a powerful weapon in putting right the wrongs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back