Anyone with Covid?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Managed to dodge it for the best part of 2 1/2 years. G/F came back from a work trip in Birmingham and had a cough and cold. faint positive test. 3 days later I've got it too. Both triple vax'd.

I would say its a mild cold, with an annoying cough and loss of taste and smell.

Sponsored Links
Managed to dodge it for the best part of 2 1/2 years. G/F came back from a work trip in Birmingham and had a cough and cold. faint positive test. 3 days later I've got it too. Both triple vax'd.

I would say its a mild cold, with an annoying cough and loss of taste and smell.
Many thanks to the Vaccine then.

I've had a covid twice. Early 2020 and way worse march 2022.
Think my son has it now for second time although test negative. Will test again tomorrow but it can't be a cold in June can it? I have an elderly neighbour that's come out of hospital and following day (yesterday) tested positive.
Doing my head in this virus keep popping up. Wife had covid at Christmas which missed me, all vaccinated here but hasn't helped one bit

I had it just before Easter, was pretty ill TBH, felt like bad flu for maybe 2 days, unwell overall for maybe 2 weeks

Sponsored Links
I would say its a mild cold
Yes it is a cold. If it hadn't been monetised you would have thought nothing more of it.

Both triple vax'd.
£400 billion that cost; what a waste. Remember that when you are filling up your motorbike.

it can't be a cold in June can it?
You can have a cold at any time of the year. You are more likely to catch one in cold weather though, or at any other such time that your body is under stress. Hence the name "cold", and the expression "under the weather"..

Just over a week ago. Flu like plus for me with odd aches, upset stomach, cough, very sore throat one morning. Messed up sleep. Tired all the time.. Last couple of days I just feel like I have a cold. Pulse rate at rest back to where it usually is. ;) As I could measure it I did, 70 or so when not feeling good, back to 60 now. I bought an oxygen sensor a while ago in case anyone had a bad dose, saves calling for help if not needed. Level might have dropped a little.

Headache too but I found 1/2 aspirin and more fluid fixed that. I usually drink a lot of fluid anyway, tea mostly. My wife - headache all of the time other wise much the same even now.

Both triple jabbed, bit short of age for a 4th. Both of us still feel a little weak. She tested negative today so I'll test myself again tomorrow.

My son lives with a nurse. She knows a number of people who have caught it several times. Symptoms it seems can vary either way.

First odd thing I noticed was the upper side of my face feeling a bit tight. Still does on and off,

Think my son has it now for second time although test negative. Will test again tomorrow but it can't be a cold in June can it?
Mt wife tested herself early and had a very weak result that took a while to appear. Mine showed whoops within a couple on mins of putting the fluid in. About 2 days difference in test time.

Not had it to my knowledge.

Amusingly, my pulse is all over the place at the moment, "missing" up to 35 beats per minute. Here 2,4 and 6 are missing then 7-11 OK.
Ectopics...
1655688529063.png

"Have you had covid"

"What vaccinations did you have and when?"

"What vaccinations did you have and when?"
My last one will have been in the last autumn roll out, Pf with 2 Az initially. These 2 pages give an idea of effectiveness

:( The last one shows things are increasing again. So ???? as usual.

Oh, covid ain't no cold. It, alone, killed a friend's wife. She was 43, 2 kids.
I'm inclined to blame the gov for the attitude some have. Soft of nice simple slogans but no explanation of why.

I'd say mine was worse for ~3 days. Either side of that sort of general malaise, weakness etc feeling. Seems to be the common after effect. It usually goes away but not for all.

Best guess how we caught it. Bit of laxness after a shopping trip wearing a mask in the shop. Spooky. Only time I can think that neither of us used a hand sanitiser after we had loaded the car and put our masks away. Or my wife bought it in - always uses a mask but visits a church cafe were things have been relaxed more rather recently. She's involved in sorting out a few things that are done there. Probably favourite.

I've had it, loss of taste for over a month but got away lightly, headaches etc asside.

I know healthy people who have been hospitalised with it so I'd class it as a few levels up from a mild cold if you are one of the unlucky ones..

so you will agree that you have never tested negative for the infection.

Sponsored Links
Back