Architrave Finishing - Advice on gaps

without seeing it, it’s not possible to know if the door lining is too wide or the lining has been fitted in a twisted wall - ie the door lining was fitted nice and flat so the door when fitted sits flat, but the result is the door lining ends up tapered going from flush to very proud over the length - this is a problem that should’ve been overcome by plastering
I can't see how this is the plasterers fault, if the plasterer turns up to do a skim finish the he/she will only have finish plaster on board and would of priced accordingly.

The walls would have to be bonded first then skim finished to overcome the inaccuracies caused by the proud lining, double the materials double the labour.

The plasterer could of communicated this to the customer or whoever he was subbing to.

But we do now live in a "It's not my problem culture". "Rather than "What can I do to make the next trades job easier".

Sponsored Links
I can't see how this is the plasterers fault, if the plasterer turns up to do a skim finish the he/she will only have finish plaster on board and would of priced accordingly.

The walls would have to be bonded first then skim finished to overcome the inaccuracies caused by the proud lining, double the materials double the labour.

The plasterer could of communicated this to the customer or whoever he was subbing to.

But we do now live in a "It's not my problem culture". "Rather than "What can I do to make the next trades job easier".
I did have issues with the plasterers as evidenced by a different post...

But a good ending on this one, they came back and sorted it all out with the main guy sorting it not his apprentice. Gaps reduced to a few mm, caulked up and looks really good. Will be someone I'll be recommending to people in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back