Are they taking over the UK?

Sponsored Links
No. The loosing of the job was something nobody could foresee. They have proven their ability to self-support in the past.

I can tell im not winning many people with this view am i?

You're argument is highly valid (partly 'cos it's mine also ;) ), and noone has managed to put a convincing view which contradicts the principle. The devil's in the detail, and whatever you (or I, if I ever get round to contributing further) say, there are always going to be shady areas.

So, let's deal with the playing god bit. When I go to the doctor and have an ailment dealt with successfully, or when I get in a plane and fly somewhere, or....1000's of other examples, it demonstrates the human ability to "play god" with what is our personal and natural limitations.

Joe 90's original post reported that the population had gone up with the number of immigrant families having children in this country.Do Steve and Dextrous advocate means testing of immigrants or all couples likely to be wishing to start families.

Do Steve and Dextrous advocate means testing of immigrants or all couples likely to be wishing to start families.
YES. More so because many immigrants come to this country wishing to start a family. Its easier for them to claim handouts, being non white-british. :rolleyes: (its true, the govt wont say no to them will they, cos thats racist) ;)

Sponsored Links
Do Steve and Dextrous advocate means testing of immigrants or all couples likely to be wishing to start families.
YES. More so because many immigrants come to this country wishing to start a family. Its easier for them to claim handouts, being non white-british. :rolleyes: (its true, the govt wont say no to them will they, cos thats racist) ;)
I concur with our view ;)

However, oompah, I'm not limiting means testing simply to couples, nor am I expressing any wrath relating to immigrants and the unfortunate pc that follows in their wake.

I think my overall stance (especially in the context oh Human Rights) is that just because one has an ability to do something does not give him or her the right to.

I have the ability to enter your house and take and use your property. I think you'd acgree that I haven't the right to.

Thus the analogy begins to form with regard to having children, especially when "your house" and "your property" involves monies, health allocation, safety and security which you have earned and paid for (and not just in fiscal terms).

Plus all of this needs to be viewed in a global context - the "ability" of anyone to have a child seems to have taken precedence over whether it is a viable thing to do.

Unfortuately some will see it as their right to breed like rabbits while others will be sensible, but if we were all the same in mind what sad world it would be.

One has only to suffer the Jeremy Vile programme, to see how feckless & irresponsible the youth of today have become with their breeding.

I'mcertain that if they weren'tgiven housing & benefits etc, they might be a little less prone to "falling pregnant" :evil:

Unfortuately some will see it as their right to breed like rabbits while others will be sensible, but if we were all the same in mind what sad world it would be.
There are lunatics who go round killing people eg because they were taunted at school over their birthmark. Would the world be a sadder place had they not existed? An extreme example, but there is a point there.

Would our lives be that much the worse if selfish takers weren't a part of the world we live in, who contribute to the increasing concerns we have regarding the sustainability of the population, who's very existence causes rainforests to be cut down to help supply the extra food needed, who assist in burning up our finite stock of fossil fuels, and who (in one subsect) breed an underclass of creatures who make us feel unsafe at times to go about our everyday business etc etc etc?

And I'm not just talking about dog owners here :!:

I understand what you are posting but you would be posting to yourself if we all came to the same conclusions.

Do you need to be?
It's not a matter of life or death, but in the context of this discussion it would seem appropriate.

Pruning a tree of deadwood doesn't mean the tree has to die. In many cases it makes it flourish more profitably and harmoniously, and may well help it survive where prior to this, it was on its way out.

So it starts off as population explosion to tree surgery, see what i mean not every one is of the same mind.

Sponsored Links
Back