Are they taking over the UK?

I've got 3 boys. Which one shall I get rid of and how?

Sponsored Links
ok, ok, I was not implying that thermo or secure should kill one of their children, or whatever. However, I was pointing out that people who have more than two children are contributing to the global population increase. I am not being nasty or anything, I have three cousins, brothers.

The Chinese have got it right by restricting couples to one child. (Though I can only see that this would lead to population decline) IMO a similar policy should be introduced worldwide. Though how it would be implemented would be anyone's guess.

joe-90 has a point, this planet can only sustain so many people, and by overpopulating it, we are slowly killing it.

ok, ok, I was not implying that thermo or secure should kill one of their children, or whatever.

No of course not, that would be barbaric.

I vote for castration.

225106.jpg

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with organising a replacement for a person. Thus couple = 2 children, provided they can support them appropriately. Nothing wrong with more children than this on the same proviso.

Big problem when someone decides they want children when they have neither the wit nor means to upbring them in a socially responsible manner. Thus means testing should come into force.

Nothing wrong with organising a replacement for a person. Thus couple = 2 children, provided they can support them appropriately. Nothing wrong with more children than this on the same proviso.
I agree, but to an extent. The parents may well be financially and morally capable of bringing up more children. However, if we carry on as we are, the parents are going to struggle to find food in the next 10 years (oil crisis, prices rocketing, population increase). When the kids hit 16, they are going to have no prospects and no job after 10 years of education, because all the jobs are taken (this is already happening). Is it morally correct to bring large numbers of children into the world with this happening?

Big problem when someone decides they want children when they have neither the wit nor means to upbring them in a socially responsible manner. Thus means testing should come into force.
I agree 200%. Far too many people having children nowadays with no idea whatsoever how to bring them up. Young women nowadays think it "comes naturally". Some of it does, but most of it has to be learnt, and it isn't easy. And anyone who is surviving on the dole in a council house should not be allowed to have kids.

people said the same 20 years ago, while the cold war was running.

so what exactly would you set as youre paremeters for means testing then, since you want to play god

No, just setting limits. And I'll leave the exact mechanics of it to someone else. Young people today seem to think it appropriate to pop out sprogs at every opportunity and as young as possible. They have no means to support them and live on handouts, paid for by us. Do YOU think this is acceptable?

Maybe all (child related) benefits should be stopped for parents who have more than two children. I've got two children and I work full time - i think i'd struggle to afford to have more children, especially as they grow older so i'd guess that people who have more than two children either have the money to pay for their children (and therefore don't need benefits) or are sponging as much money as possible from benefits (and therefore should be prevented from doing so).

I understand that last year the government brought in a new benefit - a health in pregnancy award whereby if a pregnant woman listens to a midwife telling her how to keep herself healthy during pregnancy - she'll receive £190 tax free (she doesn't have to act on the advice - just listen to it) - this on top of maternity pay, paternity pay, child benefit, child tax credits, child trust fund vouchers etc... Maybe these people have lots of children aren't as stupid as we think - they're making a living out of having babies!!

No, just setting limits. And I'll leave the exact mechanics of it to someone else. Young people today seem to think it appropriate to pop out sprogs at every opportunity and as young as possible. They have no means to support them and live on handouts, paid for by us. Do YOU think this is acceptable?

so you dont want to give an answer then!

I have to say im absolutley amazed that you can make such a sweeping statement.

Do i think its acceptable? In some cases its not no, but you cant point that finger at everyone

Do i think its acceptable? In some cases its not no...
So do you agree there should be some means testing, whereby a couple who wishes to have a baby must first prove themselves able to self-support, and is not simply going to claim every tax incentive / benefit going, in order to buy fags and booze, and the occasional pack of nappies.

Unfortunately, its enforcing something like this thats the problem. :rolleyes:

So do you agree there should be some means testing, whereby a couple who wishes to have a baby must first prove themselves able to self-support, and is not simply going to claim every tax incentive / benefit going, in order to buy fags and booze, and the occasional pack of nappies.

Unfortunately, its enforcing something like this thats the problem. :rolleyes:
So a couple passes a means test then the lady is allowed to become pregnant. 6 months into the pregnancy the father loses his job,then there is no way of supporting the babe without hand outs do you advocate abortion until such time a means test can be passed again?

So a couple passes a means test then the lady is allowed to become pregnant. 6 months into the pregnancy the father loses his job,then there is no way of supporting the babe without hand outs do you advocate abortion until such time a means test can be passed again?
No. The loosing of the job was something nobody could foresee. They have proven their ability to self-support in the past.

I can tell im not winning many people with this view am i?

Sponsored Links
Back