Are you a chav?

Sponsored Links
26% - think it was fessing up to a Pot Noodle that did it. Still, beat you Joe, that's good enough for me, you chav :LOL: :LOL:.

Sponsored Links
It's interesting how words can change their meaning in a relatively short time. I have it on reasonably good authority from a resident of Washington, Co Durham that the word "charver" refers to people from a particular area of Sunderland. They are, he told me, identifiable not by being as thick as two short planks but by their ostentatious fashion sense - or maybe lack of fashion sense! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PS: Going back even further, "charver" is an old Cumbrian word meaning "lad".

It's interesting how words can change their meaning in a relatively short time. I have it on reasonably good authority from a resident of Washington, Co Durham that the word "charver" refers to people from a particular area of Sunderland. They are, he told me, identifiable not by being as thick as two short planks but by their ostentatious fashion sense - or maybe lack of fashion sense! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

There was a similar saying, so I am told, back in the days of the "teddy boys" which went along the lines of "cushty charvers"
It meant," how extremely smart and well dressed you are today old chap". :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back