Are you a chav?

noseall said:
making a fool of yourself is both brave and self deprecating and nothing to be ashamed of.

They certainly seem to revel in their own stupidity - and why not? There's no law against it! :) :) :) Let's think about this for a minute. You can work hard at school and get some qualifications, or do an apprenticeship, then spend the rest of your life making a decent living or ---

You can become rich and famous almost overnight by showing millions of TV viewers how stupid you are. :confused: :confused: :confused:

There is of course a flaw in the plan; what do you do if you don't get invited into the Big Brother House? :( :( :( Not to worry though; somebody has to sweep the floor at Tescos - but beware! Even the most menial jobs can catch you out ---

This job is doin' my 'ead in. You expect cleanin' an' that but then they 'it you with somthin' like "See if the floor's dry"! :cry: :cry: :cry:

PS: A note to any chavs who might be able to read this: Some of the rich and famous but stupid people you see on TV are only acting. :eek: :eek: :eek: Others get away with being stupid because they're really good at something else - like playing football. :cool: :cool: :cool: If you can do none of these things, learn how a broom works - and how to identify a dry floor! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PPS: I have come round to the idea that "chav" most likely derives from "chavi" rather than an old Cumbrian dialect. I have also learnt that the word "charver" was in use in and around Sunderland back in the 90's.

Sponsored Links
todays use of the word chav is just another more pc way of saying *****.
Utterly wrong. ****** are called ******, and chavs are called chavs. We have both around these parts, but as long as I don't have to go near them then I'm content.

so it does originate from the gypsey lingo
Oh I see now. Your reasoning is that the people who used to call ****** ****** are now calling ****** chavs instead, and that "*****" is a word that gypsies use, ergo chav is a gypsy word.

Well, you might turn out to be right, in the same sense that Gordon Brown might turn out to be English.

OK softus, YOU give us the truth. (he won't)

Sponsored Links
Back