As you all know...

B

Big_Spark

I used to be a bit of a dick on occasion and defended my position a little too well, and only after calming down realised that I was wrong on occasion.

This was the main reason for not posting here for a while. It was getting stupid, silly arguments over nothing of any importance..it was starting to feel like a marriage!!

Well I put it down to being overtired for a very long time and the stress of a divorce that has taken 4 long years to finalise.

That stress is now behind me, and I have changed the way I work so that I get a good nights sleep everynight to prevent the return of the ratty me..I now am back to the old me of thinking before posting, and re-reading my posts before hitting the "Submit" button..I am sure many have noticed the different style to my recent posts..LONG may it remain this way.

To any member I have fallen out with over stupid things..I apologise, to all other mebers here who I am sure got fed up with the infantile comments, I also apologise for my part in those arguments..

Now lets have a good laugh and some good discussion..

In the meantime I hope life has been treating you all well.

Jim

Sponsored Links
WELCOME .....:).................. :)

We Need Good Guys Here Again ..;)

can you round up any more Goodfellas ... ?

Welcome Back ...:)

your not freddy are you ?

i did wonder, welcome back. in the mean time ban-all-sheds has left the building (er forum)

Wrong, you, Jim? Nah, fella, everyone else was wrong!!

Don't worry about it!

Let the good times roll.....

Sponsored Links
Big_Spark said:
To any member I have fallen out with over stupid things..I apologise, to all other mebers here who I am sure got fed up with the infantile comments, I also apologise for my part in those arguments..

Now lets have a good laugh and some good discussion..

In the meantime I hope life has been treating you all well.

Jim

Brave words

Big_Spark said:
Well I put it down to being overtired for a very long time and the stress of a divorce that has taken 4 long years to finalise.
Sounds like you had a 'burn-out'. Not something you wish anyone (speaking from experience). You get grumpy and lash-out for no (known) reason at all. It can take a while before you notice that those things are related, once you do you're have way there (took me 6 months off work, being burned-out, not a pleasant time, not for me and not for anybody around me ;))

WYL, I think your probably right in your assessment. What made me realise I had a real problem, apart from the childish temper that showed it's face all too regularly, was after I was driven off the motorway by a Police truck driver and had time off work.

I was unable to work for 9 weeks due to injuries and this meant that I got a decent nights kip, it didn't take long for me to figure out that the temper and erassability had diminished significantly.

I then talk to a group of really good friends, as I knew they would be totally honest with me, and it was soon apparent that I was probably not far from a nervous breakdown and that the accident was likely a blessing in disguise. I feel a lot better, physical health is 500% better and now I tend to laugh things off rather than react.

I have had a very long converstaion with an ex girlfriend, she's a forensic psychologist in Canada, and now I can spot the warning signs so I can short circuit the temper before it kicks in. Caroline reckons it will likely take a long while to get to a point where I don't have to actually think about it, but I am a long way down that road now.

I only wish I had seen it earlier, I don't care too much about looking a **** to others, but it does bother me if I upset or annoy others..especially people I know..but I do genuinly think I am now much stronger as a result.

Big_Spark said:
Caroline reckons it will likely take a long while to get to a point where I don't have to actually think about it, but I am a long way down that road now.

I only wish I had seen it earlier, I don't care too much about looking a **** to others, but it does bother me if I upset or annoy others..especially people I know..but I do genuinly think I am now much stronger as a result.
It does take a while before 'you are better', but in the end you'll be a damn good experience (lesson of life) richer.

And talking to good, honest friends does make you realise somethings had been up, has been wrong. I had the same, everybody 'complaint' about my changed attitude: where they normally could ask me for help/assistance etc (especially friend from work) I'd become grumpy and unwilling to do anything else than my 'job'. I wasn't my 'old-self' any more they told me and they didn't like the change.

They all loved me again when I came back ;)

I think friends are certainly the key, and true friends who are their for regardless. A couple of mine have some serious "issues" themselves due to experiences in their lives, but they have been there for me without question..I suppose partly because despite everything I was going through they knew I would be there for them too..

Glad you have moved past your difficult period..it does make one a little more understanding of others when they seem to develope errant behaviour..but you cannot help them if they do not want to help themselves, that is crucial..

Big_Spark, nice see you back, you're not alone if we are all honest about it, I can't help thinking what makes us stressed up, the rat race? the way of life? the doom & gloom of the world? bread & butter on the table?

I have also now have been told to de-stress myself because years of shift work and high level of stress with my job pressure. I didn't know that I had stress until someone pointed it out to me. Last week I was diagnosed a rare medical condition & I will have to give up my job, I generally believe stress didn’t help, stress is the biggest killer and mostly is illness related. I'm always calm and never get uptight and yet I was stressed!

Give me a low paid stress free job in any hot climate, make you wonder who got it right sometime.

Masona, sorry to hear about your medical problems, great shame that...never happens to the like of Bush and Bliar!!

Making sure you get a GOOD night's sleepis imperetive, I have learnt that the hard way..shift patterns play havoc with your life and the stress it causes is insidious as you never see it coming, I have seen this with people I have known over the years who work in maintenance.

Hosesty with yourself is the most difficult, but you need to be.

Personally I have bought all the Medal of Honour games and if I feel myself getting stressed and cannot short it out..I shoot a few nasties in a game..10 mins later I'm bored with the game and I'm fine..destressed and happy again..works great!!

Sponsored Links
Back