Avoid points on a driving licence

Sponsored Links
Huh :confused: Lamposts? Like they have on motorways as well as streets? So this means that I can do 70 along my road? :confused: :confused:

Well done, you both managed to miss the point entirely.
no, you useless lump of horse tur d, we have missed no point. I have read your epistolet on the "real" reasons behind speeding fines and by and large agree with it. I notice how your head is so far up your paranoia a**e that you fail to understand why this money is raised and what it is used for. I guess that you're too thick to comprehend the need for this money.

You inform us that a small percentage of deaths were caused by speed related accidents - presumably these lives were not worth saving then, as they infringe on your paltry human rights. :rolleyes:
Now, this is a pretty lame way to debate. The infringement of human rights point i made was perfectly valid, because it was related to using a forced confession not made under caution, which is most definitely an infringement of your civil liberties, since you have a right to silence, (as in the current police caution) EXCEPT in this case, where your legally enshrined right to not incriminate your self is walked all over.

You then seize this one phrase and start applying it to other situations, trying to attribute it as if i had said it.

Please quote my prevuois posts where is stated i had a right to speed, or had a right to run people over, or the posts where I said no ones life is worth saving.

If you CANT show where in my posts i made such statements, i suggest you stop your fantasizing, stop trying to win your arguments by making stuff up that no one ever said, and try and debate the point that have actually been made.

Ive posted my view, with reasons, and made my position totally clear. Neither of you two managed to raise a single useful counter argument or disproof, raise any points, or produce a single argument. Why do you both engage in debate if you cant argue a point of view, and just post meaningless rubbish ?The prosecution rests.
The point is, dimwit, that if you are indeed as clever as you wish to make out, then the use of insults as a way of strengthening your arguments does in fact reduce it. You are looking and sounding like some half witted crossbreed whose abusive tones indicate that you aren't the professional that you'd presumably like us to think you are.

a**e head :LOL: :LOL:

Again, where abouts in any post did I claim to be a profesional? Again, you make up stuff people never said in order to demolish or criticise it.

Why dont you stop making up stuff, and debate what was actually said, and show it was said by QUOTING THE POST!!!

Your the asshole, your debating technique is laughable, moronic and childish. Possibly your imaginary friend, like your imaginary quotes, will help you?

Sponsored Links
as i said earlier i inadvertantly exceeded a speed limit the other day, i wasn't in a rush, i wasn't deliberately exceeding the limit. no i was just pootling along a DUAL Carriageway that the powers that be have decided to make 30MPH there are no signs other than 1 6"x 6" camera sign (no speed indicator on it) for over 1/4 of a mile (i checked on google street view afterwards) if it was about safety then there would be at least 1 sign on each side and would have a speed written underneath but no that won't make any money will it!!.
You may appeal against this. Think it's in the statute books that speed limits need to be provided at a given distance apart. There were cases a few years back along the A1 north of Newcaslte-upon-tyne which highlighted this fact and those fined had to be given their money back and points knocked off. Maybe worth a bit of research.

There is no appeal. Once you have either accepted the COFP (Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty) or lost the court case, there no way back, unless you want to spend £2k - £5k fighting it. The point you fight these cases is before and at court, too late after.

Di you accept the COFP? Have you already paid the fine and taken the points?

Why dont you stop making up stuff, and debate what was actually said, and show it was said by QUOTING THE POST!!!

Your the ****, your debating technique is laughable, moronic and childish. Possibly your imaginary friend, like your imaginary quotes, will help you?
Eloquent indeed, and logical :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Have you ever used the spell checker? :LOL:

frequently, but not here.

This is another hackneyed last resort internet debating technique. If you cant think of anything intelligent to say, attack the spelling or keyboarding, it almost makes you look smart.

Huh :confused: Lamposts? Like they have on motorways as well as streets? So this means that I can do 70 along my road? :confused: :confused:

yes and no

apparently lampposts in a built up area are an indicator of a 30mph zone if the road is suitable for a higher speed then it has to be marked at regular intervals!!

only if you live on a motorway !!LOL

and in answer to Lincs not even had the ticket yet - oh i do look forward to tomorrows post :cry: :cry:

This is another hackneyed last resort internet debating technique. If you cant think of anything intelligent to say, attack the spelling or keyboarding, it almost makes you look smart.
How is attacking a contributor a sign of intelligence, and how does it further discussion or debate relevant to the facts?

and in answer to Lincs not even had the ticket yet - oh i do look forward to tomorrows post :cry: :cry:

A NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) has to be served within 14 days of the offence. If it turns up thru your letterbox on day 15, then its has timed out and unenforceable. It might be tricky to prove it turned up on day 15, unless the postmark is day 14. After about day 17, theres no way it can be argued it was served in time, although they may well try it on.

It may well come with a Section 172 notice, requiring you to identify the driver (ie throw away your right to silence and incriminate yourself). They have just jacked up the penalty for non compliance on this to 6 points and £1000. It amounts to demanding money with menaces, but theres nothing you can do about it.

How is attacking a contributor a sign of intelligence, and how does it further discussion or debate relevant to the facts?

You missed the point again, i was criticising him for using the technique.

Would you like me to speak more slowly so you can keep up ?

It amounts to demanding money with menaces, but theres nothing you can do about it.
Why not? Are there no further ways to appeal?

Well no. You either comply and incriminate yourself, or you ignore it and get 6 points and £1000.

Generally once you've identified the driver, you will get a Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty (COFP), provided your speed was below a certain percentage above the limit, and it usually 3 points and £60. This is where you can start arguing. If its on the fringes like, 34 in a 30, they may offer you a Speed Awareness Course, it means they dont think they can win in court but still want to take £60 off you, with no points. Most people aren't inclined to argue, and accept, since it keeps 3 points off there licence.

Sponsored Links
Back