AVRO gone bust!

Im an ex-customer of a firm which might go bust and Im in a dispute with them about a payment they claim I owe.

If they go under, and their customers go to another provider, I wonder if their ex-customers and billing history etc also go?

Sponsored Links
Smart meter? If so its on a consolidated industry wide platform.

I have been with Avro for a year and moved my other house to Avro last month.

Sigh!

Sponsored Links
I have been with Avro for a few years and not had much problem with them - they quickly refunded a chunk of money I had built up with them. I had been thinking that I would OK til next year when my tariff came to an end but didn't expect them to go bust.

They were due to change my electricity meter on Monday but that's no longer happening. Have ot wait unitl I settle on a new supplier

i'm with bulb, who has 1.7 million customers, and it's looking rather choppy, and the government are concerned. the big 4 have said they cannot take on bulbs 1.7million customers, so the government is holding internal talks as to what they will do about it, there is talk that it could be nationalised temporarily...

however from my understanding, bulb has yet to make a profit..... last year was a £65 million pound loss, i cant see how they can stay afloat

I was in the process of transferring to AVRO and had just paid the first direct debit payment to them before they took over the account from Eon.

As the transfer wasn't complete, i'm expecting a world of pain and bureaucratic confusion.
Can’t you go through your bank for a refund?

We're with OVO and I had just renewed our 2 year fixed dual fuel contract last week. Estimated monthly payment based on last years usage £127. Just looked on their site and if I was joining now, based on the same figures the estimated monthly charge would be £185. Fingers crossed they don’t go pop.
Apparently, I’m ok according to this email I've just received from them telling me that they are looking after me. :rolleyes:

A4362072-04B5-496E-A8F5-2106096FE1CA.jpeg

Can’t you go through your bank for a refund?
Think I’ll be ok if the ofgen process works.

if not, don’t think the bank will be able to help as the Avro was solvent when they took the payment.

Think I’ll be ok if the ofgen process works.

if not, don’t think the bank will be able to help as the Avro was solvent when they took the payment.
But if they’ve took payment in advance for something they have not supplied you might have a chance but fingers crossed it’ll be credited to your new supplier.

i wonder if its possible to find a way to involve the 49 day clause which allows you to leave 49 days before the end off the contract and pay no extra[locked into that price]

now i know they have gone bust so the contract has ended at change over day so unless theres a specific clause covering failure there is an argument to keep the old rate providing you have you request in before the actual official transfer rather than just ask it to be counted as such ???

Maybe this is why the suggest you dont try and swap mid move to avoid confusion rather than stop you saving money ??

Last edited:
Hello, Steve, we just want to reassure you that we are in a strong and stable position, just like Theresa May was. And as major sponsors of Bogchester Rovers, who Im chairman of, I want to reassure you that I have every confidence in the manager despite us not having won a game this season. Lastly, were expecting a postal order any day now.

Sponsored Links
Back