B&Q charge for car parking?

Deluks said:
ninebob said:
How about the parking in this ebay listing :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll give you £50 for it Ninebob ;)
Not mine, despite the co-incidence of it being down the road in Hove - I was sent it as a link because of the funny parking!

I think £50 is a generous offer looking at the state of it :LOL:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I have no problem with companies restricting parking, its their land and its their business. If you go over your stay then so be it! But 7.30 a.m Sunday morning for half an hour and £70 seems like a money making excersize rather than a deterant.

confidentincompetent said:
"It turns out you're not allowed to return to Lidl within five hours.

:eek: :rolleyes:
Why would you want to go there in the first place?... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Old Perennial said:
I have no problem with companies restricting parking, its their land and its their business. If you go over your stay then so be it! But 7.30 a.m Sunday morning for half an hour and £70 seems like a money making excersize rather than a deterant.
I'd refuse to pay it until they made the charge a more reasonable one.

They have to let you out and then pursue you for the money. If they refuse to let you out of the car park then you can call the police and report them for technical theft of your car.

"I couldn't be bothered to go all the way back just for the bread," said Mr Wadman. "But my wife decided to go."

Having run in to buy the loaf, she was shocked to find a £70 ticket waiting on their car.

What's the problem with the rule? :confused:

In the case of the Wadmans, a spokesperson said:

"We have spoken to the customer and apologised for the incident. We had to introduce a car parking system which allows customers to park free within a certain time.

He added: "Before this introduction, people who even didn't shop at Lidl were parking there and we received complaints that our customers couldn't find a space.

"He will get his money refunded and he was happy in the end."

Tesco in doncaster have a barrier system. you have to take a ticket on entry, then present this, with a till reciept, to the guy on the exit barrier. There is an option to park without shopping, but its silly charges like £5 per hour.

ellal said:

Why would you want to go there in the first place?... :LOL:

Only ever used the car park :oops: ....Before number plate recognition* was intalled :LOL: (*this must have been stopped now as the people who were running the scheme were erm known to the police)

Softus wrote
What's the problem with the rule?

Nothing as long as your not a bona fide shopper. and hard luck if you happen to use the car park as a turning space twice whithin 5 hrs.
Mr Wadman has had his chance now and must remember to wait 5 hrs before he revisits the store even as a bona fide shopper.. as the two out of nine signs state.. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back