Banning gas boilers

Sponsored Links
Raindance as in you have to dance around catching the drips. Hard-On just because you are used to poverty spec living doesn't mean that the rest of us want to be.

Dannyboy, you have no idea about Raindance showers, you are making things up again. Did you have a headache this morning?

That is my poverty spec living Dannyboy. Unfortunately no Raindance, yet.

KJRAUA31.jpg:large

Sponsored Links
You will have to buy one Dannsville. Let us all know how it performs with your Intergas.

Design is one thing, implementation is another entirely, and decent HVAC engineers are in even shorter supply than plumbers and heating engineers.
Yes i think there are more lash ups in domestic then in commercial due to better supervision.
But i think a lot of the issues are more to do with superstition than building. In winter we have static issues in our office due to dry air, and you should see how worried people are that it's causing a danger. One guy thought that black specs were falling from the ceiling into his water when it was actually those water filter crumbs. People refuse to drink water from the normal tap rather then the chiller tap. Offices bring out the worse superstitions in many people!
But water storage will also have to be massively increased to allow for the painfully slow recharge rates from electric sources.
True although do low energy houses really heat water with electric? I'd expect a solar input as well. But I'd agree you can't beat the convenience of gas, but if we can't afford to keep burning it maybe we don't have a choice.
I reckon with decent heat recovery from waste shower water you could get a decent shower from a single phase supply. Although some people don't think even a 24kw Combi provides a good shower so opinions may vary.

I believe Hansgrohe are not the only aerated shower head maker. They did patent the aerated design. The Raindance drencher is impressive having used one once. There is no way you would believe it is only 9 litres a min. Two of them can be used with a high flow combi.

Yes i think there are more lash ups in domestic then in commercial due to better supervision.
And better design and engineering.
I reckon with decent heat recovery from waste shower water you could get a decent shower from a single phase supply. Although some people don't think even a 24kw Combi provides a good shower so opinions may vary.
The shower

These do work, I did suggest to a friend who did the renovation to look into one of these. I do not know if he fitted one (space is a problem fitting them) - approx 4C in and 25C out then into an electric instant water heater. A temp rise of 19C. Using shower drain heat recovery, an instant electric hot water heater with a Raindance shower head the problem is solved.
Power.jpg

Last edited:
No matter how much or how little heating energy a house/flat requires, unless/until the price of electricity falls dramatically and/or the price of gas rises dramatically, it will remain the case that heating energy (no matter how little or how much is needed) will cost 2-3 times more with electricity than with gas.
Wind, solar (there is a solar farm on the Welsh border at Deeside) and waves will make matters cheaper for centralised generation. Solar panels & Powerwall batteries in most homes would be a distributed power generation system, with them all feeding the grid.

The secret is not to use a lot of electricity in the first place and storing cheaply gained, or free, electricity in batteries. Using superinsulation with energy recovery devices like shower drain heat recovery, air to air heat recovery, etc, solar pv panels and Powerwall batteries you can get rid of gas right now.

By nature gas will be phased out, so no need to worry over your livings right now. I can't wait to see the back of gas in homes.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back