Baxi Barcelona - explosive ignition

I am not a gas fitter or heating Technician ... I have to assume that Gas Safe registerred Technicians are competent to do the work.

I fully accept 1 guy could be poor, but 9 different guys ... and the manufacturer.
In my case I'm under contract until next June so can't go elsewhere ... all I was trying to do was find some possible leads ... that I could pass on .... it benefits me if they can fix it sooner rather than later, but my questions seem to convince people I am intending to do work myself.

As an aside I only posted Q here as trying to Google the problem turned up a post where a guy had brought Barcelona up to 100He spec.

It had fixed his issues.

Sponsored Links
Baxi are already engaged so don't see that naking much difference.
In any event I have paid for this contract I can't afford to pay out again ... SSE may not even accept the bill.

I am not a gas fitter or heating Technician ... I have to assume that Gas Safe registerred Technicians are competent to do the work.

Exactly, you are not qualified.

In that case one wonders why:-

"I'll happily admit I put my own heating system in (NuHeat under floor heating with thermal store)... I installed the boiler ... but had CORGI guy connect up the gas, commission & test."

You don't need to do much Googling to see that a boiler cannot be installed by a DIYer! Certain aspects need to be done by a registered engineer, namely:-

Fit the mounting bracket.

Assemble and fit the flue!

Some of the guys on here have "sensed" that you are happy to do things which a DIYer should not be doing. So don't be surprised that no one is going to give you advice on ignition problems. They are classed as "gas".

In any case, the forum rules prevent us giving DIY gas repair advice anywhere.

I don't see how Baxi are involved. They made the boiler and that is all. They do have staff engineers who will do fixed price repairs for about £300.

All you need to do is to tell Homeserve that they have spent so long and wasted your time and comfort and that they should now call Baxi out who should fix it in one visit!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I physically fitted the boiler to the wall, drilled the holes for the flue - but had a CORGI registered heating engineer to connect the primaries, connect the gas, commission & and carry out a full safety text (and provide a test certificate)
It was a SelfBuild house ... I did the same of electrics - completed full installation and had a NICEIC electrician carry out tests and issue pass certificate.

The boiler has been installed and passed SAFE multiple times by CORGI and then Gas Safe engineers

As to your comments "I don't see how Baxi are involved" ..... in the OP, I explained that BAXI support have been involved for past 4 months and have been unable to assist the Gas Techs in resolving this.

I have unequivocally stated on multiple times - I do not touch the gas side of the boiler - Never mind, I'll go to another forum for help.

You need a Baxi engineer in front of the boiler while manufacturers help lines in my experience are very good sometimes you need to be in front of the appliance.

As to your comments "I don't see how Baxi are involved" ..... in the OP, I explained that BAXI support have been involved for past 4 months and have been unable to assist the Gas Techs in resolving this.
how many times do you need to be told , baxi on the end of the phone is only as good as the person in front of your boiler , get baxi in front of the boiler for £300 quid , job done . oh and stop fitting your own boilers because thats when you start going down the slippery road , thats not saying you could be slippery yourself :LOL:

As advised; Heateam fixed price repair & service contract.
IF you're not trying to fix this yourself. A well documented record of events & sue SSE.

Baxi are already engaged so don't see that naking much difference.
In any event I have paid for this contract I can't afford to pay out again ... SSE may not even accept the bill.
Sse?
Thought it was homeserve?
Or are they linked down south?

However another RGI here, DP, disagrees with me and says they are all highly skilled.

Where did I say 'ALL'
Perhaps YOU should read VERY carefully what I wrote:LOL:
The post is pertinent to HA guys. You said all of them were lacking rudimentary knowledge ( perhaps not the same words), I said some of them are very skilled. I base this fact on knowing one guy who works for a HA and has knowledge that far exceeds yours, evident from some of your posts and replies

It surprises me you even have a cheek to argue the toss with bunny experts here, who have total knowledge of bunny appliances. While I would give a right arm to attain knowledge they might have forgotten, you feel you are at their level. One wonders

By the way, I disagree with some of the stuff you post also
Remember, flattening of gas pipe, welding a coin to a radiator, diverter with horseshoe switch?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Where did I say 'ALL'
Perhaps YOU should read VERY carefully what I wrote:LOL:
The post is pertinent to HA guys. You said all of them were lacking rudimentary knowledge ( perhaps not the same words), I said some of them are very skilled. I base this fact on knowing one guy who works for a HA and has knowledge that far exceeds yours, evident from some of your posts and replies

It surprises me you even have a cheek to argue the toss with bunny experts here, who have total knowledge of bunny appliances. While I would give a right arm to attain knowledge they might have forgotten, you feel you are at their level. One wonders

By the way, I disagree with some of the stuff you post also
Remember, flattening of gas pipe, welding a coin to a radiator, diverter with horseshoe switch?:rolleyes:

I suppose you also disagree with the post when he told us he was one of the top 100 engineers in London lol

Steve, no denying Tony knows his onions, but is critical of others, even those who have vastly greater knowledge(y)(y)(y)

Gas likely to be letting by =noise or flue issue
Simple when you change the same bits time after time you got to look out side the box

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back