BBC funding cut by £2 billion.

It is the right who voted for Brexit.
Yes and no. 3 mains groups really. Some of the right, xenophobes and rule Britania types. All very carefully targetted in various ways, Hence outfits like Cambridge Analytica saying they did it when the vote came in. Then comes more in what could be referred to as protest voters. More understandable really. The others are based on tendencies people are inclined to have and they were lead by the nose. Entire thing funded by some extremely rich people. Free market people heavily involved as well.

If the right wants to be less newsworthy the answer is simple. Spend less time in power or get it right when they are in power. Their beliefs don't help. Eg Cameron spouting. Charities used to help. The answer to poverty. Not our problem so rather rapidly foodbanks appear. More people finish up below the poverty line, so called make work pay policy. The numbers get reported. That is seen as a left wing bias. In terms of vote counts there aren't enough of them to matter ;) yet. Sleaze and the old school tie, Nothing unusual really for them. Xenophobic aspects - well they are pushing some of those themselves. The reasons become newsworthy - seen as left wing again. The party still pushes rule britania. Nothing wrong with that but a battery gigafactory may turn out to be another Delorian fiasco. 6,000 jobs. Unlikely to be in it so an estimation of spin off jobs.

Left wing bias by the media. Go back to reporting on Corbyn. Nothing more than the same stupid question over and over again. No attempt to pass on his ideas in detail or the reasons for them. I can recollect one interview where he was given the chance. Starmer is also being led by the press. They keep saying he should be doing such and such. A problem all politicians have when the press makes loud enough noises.

LOL Corbyn - what are the Tories doing - giving a few companies a lot of money - your money to get them to do something. Taxation and privatisation, If some one did the sums they would find that it's just being paid indirectly in other ways compared with pre-privatisation - more now in fact. State run has it's problems mostly political interference to avoid loosing votes due to price increases. They were topped up by the state from the general tax take. Now the companies pay tax. They are also building debt. This mostly relates to utilities.

More people in rented accommodation. Well go back to Mrs T who freely admitted that the sell off of council house would do that. What was the problem with council houses. People pay a rent and many aspects of looking after them were included. What to do if rent is always increased to account for a number of factors - would it be good for votes? Selling them even at discounted prices also bought in a lot of cash. Privatisation generally does. ;) The left wing orientated media often report on the state of privately owned rented accommodation. They are facts not left wing associated at all. Property has shown a better return for people who have cash to spend compared with say industry for rather a long time. In fact with buy to let mortgages people don't actually need cash just assets. What do you think this does to prices? As I knew a fair few a common feeling from people who went for council houses was that people who went to similar size property via a mortgage were mad as they were a cheaper option. Why do that for a semi when terraced is fine.

Sponsored Links
Which ruinous Prime Minister was that?
You might be thinking of Theresa May, but I was actually referring to someone that the British public were resolved never to be allowed in to power.

But you may want to start your own thread about that - to join the countless other threads you and your comrades enjoy whining on and on and on in about things which have already been decided by the majority of the UK voters and you can't seem to accept. This ones about the BBC.

You might be thinking of Theresa May, but I was actually referring to someone that the British public were resolved never to be allowed in to power.

Well-known disgraceful liar Johnson?

the majority of the UK voters
A rather small one actually.

This ones about the BBC.
Political pleasers such as the current one aimed at the BBC often do not indicate what will happen eventually. They are well aware that just ending the license fee has it's complications.

The move they have made wont stir up anything as far as the population as a whole is concerned. It will please people who moan about the news related content. It will also please some who don't watch it but many millions of households do. Not all content but that is true of any media source.

What is it really. You may have heard of the Save Big Dog Campaign but we also have the Red Meat campaign. Expect more as they are aimed at improving their ratings which currently is lagging. Choice of the word Red is interesting - depends how cynical they are about their techniques and people in general. It's targetting again.

There is also another reason why it may be a good idea. Large organisations always collect people they don't really need. The bigger they are the more they collect.

Headquartered at Broadcasting House in London, it is the world's oldest national broadcaster, and the largest broadcaster in the world by number of employees, employing over 22,000 staff in total, of whom approximately 19,000 are in public-sector broadcasting.

As of the end of September 2021, there were 472,700 full-time equivalent (FTE) civil servants. This is 7,580 (1.6%) more than in the previous quarter, when excluding temporary Census Field staff.

The NHS employs 1.4 million people (1) and social care 1.6 million people (2). The number and mix of staff in health and social care are a major determinant of the quality and efficiency of care. Workforce trends will have a major influence on health and social care provision in the future.

Does that include privatise elements? Well we know that they do not have enough of some types of people.

The BBC looks pretty compact to me. There are also other indirect people involved, local UK based production outfits. Use of those is part of their charter. Actors etc too. Freezing the cost of a license does not help people who find it hard to pay. An increase would allow more scope in that area. That would go down well with voters wouldn't it. It wouldn't matter what party was in power. This is why many things finish up in a mess.

Sponsored Links
The BBC looks pretty compact to me. There are also other indirect people involved, local UK based production outfits. Use of those is part of their charter. Actors etc too. Freezing the cost of a license does not help people who find it hard to pay. An increase would allow more scope in that area. That would go down well with voters wouldn't it. It wouldn't matter what party was in power. This is why many things finish up in a mess.
I remember all the jollies, the parties the wasted money and hit and miss programming which seemed to begin back in the 90's and has become endemic in the culture.

More money does not give more scope or better production. What it does is give more salary to a narrow band of people. Consider the millions paid to Lineker, who just presents a sports programme, and actually adds no value - the same person BTW who is one of the most vocal in not cutting the the BBC's cash cow - I wonder why that might be?

I'd rather have the Royal Family on subscription, as I never use them.

A small landslide?
Actually, the combined share of the vote meant that the
Tories won 43.6% of the vote
Labour won 32.2%
LibDem 11.6%
SNP 3.9%

The other smaller parties sort of cancel each other out

More people voted against the Tories than for, but the current system means we have a large majority of seats (not votes) for the Tories.

I see Gina Miller launched her new political party the other day.

It's not a Party.

It's a Work Event.

PRC_218530286.jpg

Last edited:
It's not a Party.

It's a Work Event.

And she didn't need anyone to tell her whether it was within the rules:
Nobody warned me drinks event was against rules - Boris Johnson
"Nobody warned me that it was against the rules," the prime minister said, adding: "I would have remembered that."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60039868
He couldn't even remember being there until he was exposed. :ROFLMAO:

Boris' school report:
"Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility ..... I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.”
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a-lesson-in-leading-from-the-front-of-the-class-gcl6nb20q

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back