Border on the Island of Ireland

Lots of people have asked the Brexers how they imagine leaving the EU will affect them, but they won't say.

Motman and hatejob, for example, have been asked numerous times.

You'd think anyone wanting to go through such cost and upheaval would forsee a benefit of some kind, but no.

I think it will affect me and I'm sure being self employed it will hurt me... I hope not but I'm prepared for this in the short term.

Sponsored Links
Lots of people have asked the Brexers how they imagine leaving the EU will affect them, but they won't say.

Motman and hatejob, for example, have been asked numerous times.

You'd think anyone wanting to go through such cost and upheaval would forsee a benefit of some kind, but no.

I think it will affect me and I'm sure being self employed it will hurt me... I hope not but I'm prepared for this in the short term.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
If the EU decide to put a border up then they will have to police it.
No, the Garda will have to police it...

And that's the problem that quitters just don't get...

Any form of an effective 'militarisation' of the border will have the 'republicans' up in arms...

And when that happens the 'loyalists' will be equally 'aggrieved'...

The Good Friday agreement will then be toast, and the return of the troubles is pretty much a 'given'...

But maybe quitters would like to see the 'blue helmets' take up peace keeping duties?

Or a reunited Ireland being a 'price worth paying' for Brexit?

Hard Brexit will crystalize where the public allegiance lies.

Is hard brexit worth losing Scotland and NI.

But maybe quitters would like to see the 'blue helmets' take up peace keeping duties?

Or a reunited Ireland being a 'price worth paying' for Brexit?

Why not a united Ireland.

The blue hats would be a good neutral presence that I agree may be needed

Why not a united Ireland.

The blue hats would be a good neutral presence that I agree may be needed
I believe that a united Ireland should happen...

However that should be a democratic process, not one imposed on N.I. who may I remind you voted remain...

Is the prospect of UN peacekeepers to police renewed violence a price worth paying for Brexit?

And what about Scotland?

Or even Wales, if they ever throw off their outdated Labour party shackles!

Chuckle chuckle... listen no matter how much you anti Brexit people complain we are leaving the EU, and despite your 'armchair speculative views' we will find a way. The problem is a) you despise the tories with a passion and b) you're not getting your own way. Therefore you're never going to admit there's even a glimmer of positivity in any of this.

And again just to show some maturity we are pro brexit not dumb or knobheads or quitters etc. You guys are officially 'the losers' but as you find on here all people pro brexit never refer to you guys in a consistent derogatory way, show some maturity at least.

Last edited:
Chuckle chuckle... listen no matter how much you anti Brexit people complain we are leaving the EU, and despite your 'armchair speculative views' we will find a way. The problem is a) you despise the tories with a passion and b) you're not getting your own way. Therefore you're never going to admit there's even a glimmer of positivity in any of this.

And again just to show some maturity we are pro brexit not dumb or knobheads or quitters etc. You guys are officially the losers but as you find on here all people pro brexit never refer to you guys in a consistent derogatory way, show some maturity at least.

Leaving the EU is by no means a given.

Given the new Tory cabinet they should be despised.

Priti Patel.......good grief how did she get a job :ROFLMAO:

And again just to show some maturity we are pro brexit not dumb or knobheads or quitters etc. You guys are officially the losers but as you find on here all people pro brexit never refer to you guys in a consistent derogatory way, show some maturity at least.

Ok sell me the benefits from 1st of November.

Leaving the EU is by no means a given.

Given the new Tory cabinet they should be despised.

Priti Patel.......good grief how did she get a job :ROFLMAO:

Well you don't have to vote for them do you... You could vote for your mate JC. Or the slopy Liberals. Or the greens, what about change UK..

There's alot splitting the remain vote.

And again just to show some maturity we are pro brexit not dumb or knobheads or quitters etc.
So prove us remainers wrong...

All you have to do is to come up with some direct benefits that leaving the EU will benefit the UK and it's subjects...

Not too hard to do?

Or is it?

There are nearly 300 public roads intersecting the Irish border, that figure could be doubled if you count private roads. There are homes and farms that actually sit astride the border itself.
During the 'troubles' roadblocks were set up on all the main routes, concrete blocks were put on lesser roads, but there were dozens and dozens of back lanes so the border was completely porous as it had been since the 1920's, and will remain so despite the posturing of the EU and Leo Varadkar.

Sponsored Links
Back