Border on the Island of Ireland

Sponsored Links
I thought the DUP had refused staying in a customs union while the rest of the UK was out of it?

The Irish and the EU have agreed that in the event of a no deal Brexit there will need to be some border inspections, particularly livestock. (fair enough we don't want them cheeky Irish flooding our supermarkets with horse meat again do we?).
Both parties agree these checks will need to be carried out AWAY from the border, which basically means no hard border.

Now I know that a lot of remainers on here are loving the idea of a hard border, but a hard border is in breach of the good Friday agreement, who's going to force a hard border and break the agreement, not us, not the eu and not the republicans.

My point

The Irish and the EU have agreed that in the event of a no deal Brexit there will need to be some border inspections, particularly livestock. (fair enough we don't want them cheeky Irish flooding our supermarkets with horse meat again do we?).
Both parties agree these checks will need to be carried out AWAY from the border, which basically means no hard border

So you mean a hard border with customs checks......just positioned away from the road where the border is.

Oh and massive delays, no doubt.

No deal will wreck economy in Ireland

So you mean a hard border with customs checks......just positioned away from the road where the border is.

No, most probably spot checks at the point of origin or arrival, I can't imagine why there would be long delays, they aint going to inspect every cow (or horses pretending to be cows).

Sponsored Links
ellal and his followers slipping through the 'hard Irish border'.

sheep-being-herded-oxfordshire-picture-id514338271

Oh and massive delays, no doubt.

Screenshot_20190721_102903_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

That's what say it will do

No, most probably spot checks at the point of origin or arrival, I can't imagine why there would be long delays, they aint going to inspect every cow (or horses pretending to be cows).

In the event of a no deal, the border would become an EU border to a third country.

And given a no deal means the instant end of regulatory alignment, the EU will need checks of all goods to ensure compliance.

Of course there will long delays, the EU dont want chlorinated chicken coming in by the back door.

I must say I find it worrying unacceptable that in The 'United' Kingdom, that which is necessary to achieve a desired (by some) outcome cannot be introduced for fear of the inhabitants reverting to blowing up and shooting each other again.

Why don't we (you) just have a civil war to determine whether to have brexit or not? Bugger all this voting lark.

I must say I find it worrying unacceptable that in The 'United' Kingdom, that which is necessary to achieve a desired (by some) outcome cannot be introduced for fear of the inhabitants reverting to blowing up and shooting each other again.

Why don't we (you) just have a civil war to determine whether to have brexit or not? Bugger all this voting lark.

If the EU decide to put a border up then they will have to police it.

This when the people start to pipe up.
Up to now no one's asked the people of Ireland and the rest of the EU their veiw on how it will effect their life's.

Lots of people have asked the Brexers how they imagine leaving the EU will affect them, but they won't say.

Motman and hatejob, for example, have been asked numerous times.

You'd think anyone wanting to go through such cost and upheaval would forsee a benefit of some kind, but no.

If the EU decide to put a border up then they will have to police it.

If the brexers decide they want to keep foreigners out of the UK, how do you imagine that will be done?

Passport checks at border posts? Or by magic?

Sponsored Links
Back