Boris in hospital

"Britain faces a “massive shortage” of ventilators that will be needed to treat critically ill patients suffering from coronavirus, after it failed to invest enough in intensive care equipment, a leading ventilator manufacturer said...

“England is very poorly equipped,” said Andreas Wieland, chief executive of Hamilton Medical in Switzerland, which is the world’s largest ventilator maker...

“They’re going to have a massive shortage once the virus really arrives there”

But that's not the only problem.

View attachment 187938

Not particularly credible source.

Another source says the goal is 18,000, they have about 15000 on-line or shortly coming on-line they are hoping not to need the 18k, because they are hoping social distancing is working.. Problem is we won't see the pre-lockdown peak until end of next week.

Sponsored Links
Hospitals are already starting to crunch the numbers on if you will go onto a ventilator or not. If your odds are very poor then they won't bother, as you might end up tying up a ventilator that could save two people in the time you take to die.

Running out isn't the only point where it matters

I don’t think any country was prepared for it. It’s just too big.

I don’t think any country was prepared for it. It’s just too big.
There's levels of prepared. The countries that experienced SARS and MERS are doing much better out of it in no small part because they were mentally prepared for it and so embraced lockdown faster and more thoroughly.

Also, the mortality rate will shoot up when the medical system gets overwhelmed. If you can put that off or avoid it entirely then that makes a big difference.

Sponsored Links
It would be good to know how people are catching it. I've been in lockdown for 4 weeks now.

We still have the problem that 1/3rd of the world is doing very little to stop it.

It would be good to know how people are catching it. I've been in lockdown for 4 weeks now.

We still have the problem that 1/3rd of the world is doing very little to stop it.
Until there is a cure or you become immune, as soon as you come out of lockdown, there is a risk of getting it. China is experiencing another rise in cases after relaxing the lockdowns.

"Britain faces a “massive shortage” of ventilators that will be needed to treat critically ill patients suffering from coronavirus, after it failed to invest enough in intensive care equipment, a leading ventilator manufacturer said...
“England is very poorly equipped,” said Andreas Wieland, chief executive of Hamilton Medical in Switzerland, which is the world’s largest ventilator maker...
“They’re going to have a massive shortage once the virus really arrives there”
But that's not the only problem.
Wash your mouth with soap - for twenty seconds.

Britain is the best in the world at everything.

Good to see 'weirdo' Witty is back anyway. Tonights covid PM meeting i always get the impression Raab(himself) is a bit rabbit in the headlights up there at the helm.

Not particularly credible source.

Another source says the goal is 18,000, they have about 15000 on-line or shortly coming on-line
So which source is correct?

On another note pictures of nurses/doctors wearing plastic bags as protection seems to back up the claim of the lack of PPE, but the government says otherwise.

Again which source do you believe?

Good to see 'weirdo' Witty is back anyway. Tonights covid PM meeting i always get the impression Raab(himself) is a bit rabbit in the headlights up there at the helm.
Im impressed with Matt Hancocks handling of the press, a couple asked really stupid questions the other night and he gave them short shrift i.e. don't waste my bloody time

Im impressed with Matt Hancocks handling of the press, a couple asked really stupid questions the other night and he gave them short shrift i.e. don't waste my bloody time
he has even been looking more like a man than a boy.

Sponsored Links
Back