Buckets

I have several buckets at home and my wife is now feeling rather nervous about it.

Useful insight into whether she believes they're your buckets, her buckets, or our buckets tho' !

Sponsored Links
Can anyone give me a valid reason why they didn't shut the whole tube system down?

Shutting the tube system down can cause other problems. You have to get everyone off the trains, otherwise you could end up with a bomb on a train, stuck in a tunnel. It's far easier to react to any situations as they occur.

Must be a good feeling when you can augh and joke about others misfortunes.

My stepson lives and works in south London and we were unable to contact him for over two hours. We feared the worst but thankfully the reason we couldn't get hold of him was he was in a meeting in a poor signal area.

South london is approx 6 miles away from Parsons green, perhaps you like getting into a panic.

Sponsored Links
constant news / panic stream on this failed bucket bomb . troops will be on the street.

constant interviews with tube passengers all suffering from shock , residents in shock , the great and the good making the usual comments

apparently 10,000 (world wide) people a year are struck by lightening ? I never knew that

Last edited:
It makes you wonder just how stupid some of the "bombers" are, but then I suppose if you're going to blow yourself up, you don't get the chance to do much pretesting do you.

If a water carrying vessel is guilty of a malicious crime, don't the rozzers just book-it?

I'll get me brolly.

Shame on the lot of you. :mad:

The are the buckets of peace.

Think of all those poor sand buckets, who have done a stirling job for years, always waiting, protecting, ready to act, but will now be vilified due to the act of one bad bucket.

Btw, if you need protecting from a future bomb blast, wrap yourself in a Lidl bag. (y)

Must be a good feeling when you can augh and joke about others misfortunes.

My stepson lives and works in south London and we were unable to contact him for over two hours. We feared the worst but thankfully the reason we couldn't get hold of him was he was in a meeting in a poor signal area.

Call me James Brown.

You may like to target your concern to a specific carriage on a specific train at a specific time at a specific station, rather than a whole geographic area.

South london is approx 6 miles away from Parsons green, perhaps you like getting into a panic.

When you hear there has been a suspected bomb blast in 'South London' but not the specific location, both yourself and your wife have no internet access because you are at work, and you have children that live/work in 'South London' then to realise you can't contact your child because their phone indicates no signal it tends to make you fear the worst. When you finally make contact 2 hours or so later your inbuilt fears can manifest themselves more than you realise.

I seriously hope you are never in a position such as this because to say it is unpleasant is a massive understatement. Or maybe you are one of those who believe these things only happen to other people.

Even our very own murderous pub bomber Micheal Hayes rekonned he could do better with a bucket of Guiness and a clover leaf.

When you hear there has been a suspected bomb blast in 'South London' but not the specific location, both yourself and your wife have no internet access because you are at work, and you have children that live/work in 'South London' then to realise you can't contact your child because their phone indicates no signal it tends to make you fear the worst. When you finally make contact 2 hours or so later your inbuilt fears can manifest themselves more than you realise.

I seriously hope you are never in a position such as this because to say it is unpleasant is a massive understatement. Or maybe you are one of those who believe these things only happen to other people.

I am a person who always believes these things only happen to other people, otherwise I would never use a tube train, double decker bus, Birmingham public houses, the public footpaths across London Bridge et al.
A policeman, a soldier, a fireman and others who put themselves in danger always believe "It will not be me today which cops it".
The world is a big place and whilst we sympathise with those who do cop it, normal life must continue otherwise the bad guys will have won.

And humour is one of the best ways of coping with all the crap that gets thrown at us.

I'd normally we're British, and we just get on with things, but you daren't say that sort of thngs nowadays. Oh well, back to the bucket jokes.

A window cleaner named Shamii has been reportedly arrested in Dover.

I didn't know Shamii Chakrabati cleaned windows; but then she did try and clean up the Labour parties anti semetic standpoint, so it stand to reason I suppose.

Sponsored Links
Back