Buckets

Second bucketless man arrested.

On another point, I am puzzled by the terror threat levels.

After the attack the level was raised to critical - this means an attack is imminent (about to happen) because an attack has just happened.

Now, three days later, this imminent attack has not happened yet the threat level is reduced to what it was before the attack did happen when they didn't know that that attack was imminent.

There could be another attack in a minute which, apparently, would not have been imminent; after which, I presume, the sequence will be repeated.

Could this be a ploy to lull us into a belief that they know what they are doing - or just verification that they do not know the meaning of the words?

Who's a cynic?

Sponsored Links
is the second one a Surrey man as well?

I think Trump said something about them.

Could this be a ploy to lull us into a belief that they know what they are doing - or just verification that they do not know the meaning of the words?

More than likely, as there are those that said putting it critical was a waste of time. The governments justification, was that as the bomber was still at large, he could attempt to strike again, except most tend to run.

is the second one a Surrey man as well?

I think Trump said something about them.

yep it would appear that Surrey is a hot bed of radical Islam.

Seen a few shifty looking characters wandering around Tesco's late at night ;)

shopping ? or so they are making out ? saw one purchase a bucket as well ;)

Transam is keeping an eye out ;)

Sponsored Links
Thank goodness.

That's what I say Noseall

Transam takes his civic duty seriously , as Plod & the Government said keep yer eye out for shifty behaviour & characters ;) no matter how trivial it may seem

The UK is in a state of fear & panic , under siege (?) ask not what your country can do for you , ask what u can do for your country :)

Second bucketless man arrested.

On another point, I am puzzled by the terror threat levels.

After the attack the level was raised to critical - this means an attack is imminent (about to happen) because an attack has just happened.

Now, three days later, this imminent attack has not happened yet the threat level is reduced to what it was before the attack did happen when they didn't know that that attack was imminent.

There could be another attack in a minute which, apparently, would not have been imminent; after which, I presume, the sequence will be repeated.

Who's a cynic?

How it works, is that they don't know if the bucket bomber was part of a group or a loner.

Raising the threat level allows for use of the armed forces to do guarding duty, and this releases police to do police work.

It does not mean that an attack is necessarily imminent ( ie there is knowledge of a planned attack), but that there may be others in a group planning an attack. So until that is known, the threat level is raised.

The time to worry is when the threat level is raised in the absence of any attack. That's when there is intelligence of a planned attack.

The police involved in anti-terrorist work along with the other security services do a very good job in tracking suspects and preventing attacks. The public don't see or appreciate much of what goes on.

How it works, is that they don't know if the bucket bomber was part of a group or a loner.
Raising the threat level allows for use of the armed forces to do guarding duty, and this releases police to do police work.
Ok. Could do that anyway if troops not busy elsewhere.

It does not mean that an attack is necessarily imminent
But that is the definition used for 'critical level'. That was part of my query.

( ie there is knowledge of a planned attack), but that there may be others in a group planning an attack. So until that is known, the threat level is raised.
Then imminent is the wrong word. May I suggest 'highly likely' except - it isn't.
How often have there been two attacks in three days?

Also - the situation is permanent; they don't know if there will be another attack tomorrow.

The time to worry is when the threat level is raised in the absence of any attack. That's when there is intelligence of a planned attack.
So, no need for the critical level after Friday's attack.

The police involved in anti-terrorist work along with the other security services do a very good job in tracking suspects and preventing attacks. The public don't see or appreciate much of what goes on.
I appreciate that and am just querying the procedure which doesn't make much sense with the words being used.

Ok. Could do that anyway if troops not busy elsewhere.

But that is the definition used for 'critical level'. That was part of my query.

Then imminent is the wrong word. May I suggest 'highly likely' except - it isn't.
How often have there been two attacks in three days?

Also - the situation is permanent; they don't know if there will be another attack tomorrow.

So, no need for the critical level after Friday's attack.

I appreciate that and am just querying the procedure which doesn't make much sense with the words being used.

Have another read. Raising the threat level has little to do with another attack being likely after an initial attack, but allows for deployment and redeployment of security personnel to investigate.

The semantics are irrelevant.

The semantics are what I am querying - so are not irrelevant.

The BBC link (it be wrong) said that "critical threat level" means an attack is "imminent".
Imminent means "about to happen".

So - are they just trying to frighten the public - or - do they not understand English?

So - are they just trying to frighten the public - or - do they not understand English

I doubt if they're trying to frighten the public; just make them more aware to keep their eyes open. I suspect it's also a case of making it look as though they are actually doing something. Surveaillance goes on in the background, but we don't see that, so they have to persuade us they are on the ball somehow.

:rolleyes: ???????????

Listen up way har bee

This is the UK not Saudi Arabia :)

Verbal diarrhea is affecting **** end, it can be defined in a variety of ways:
• The non-stop flow of pointless words from his mind.
• A serious disease which, once it has control of a person, causes them to spew forth incoherent babble.
• The spouting of a person who cannot control his random thoughts from exploding.
• What happens when **** end speaks his mind without any filter; the consequences can be profoundly funny, but in **** end's case it is just boring repetition.
• uncontrollable crap that **** end comes out with
• The frequent and excessive discharge of **** end's comments producing abnormally thin and diluted substance.
• commenting too much and saying little of value; usually the symptom of ignorance or lack of relevant input.

But considering he is ignoring me ( :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ) he will not be able to read my advice to him. :LOL:

I wonder if the two child jungle camp refugees had been fostered to someone who cared more, say Lily Allen's house instead, would they have decided not to try and blow up the country that gave them sanctuary and hope?

I wonder. :cautious:

Sponsored Links
Back