Can't wait for my chlorinated, antibiotic and hormone fed meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that across the UK there are some people with unusual pets.

As I said, there's a difference between eating a pet, and eating an animal of the same type which someone, somewhere has as a pet.

It can't have escaped your attention that some people keep pigs as pets. Nor that the consumption of pork, bacon, sausages etc is widespread and considered normal.
You don't half talk twaddle and go off on tangents.

Sponsored Links
It was you who introduced the topic of animals as pets as a reason why certain animals shouldn't be eaten.

Don't go whinging about me when it turns out that your argument was a crock of s***

Tried some pork mince instead of beef in a spagbol recently, yuk horrible stuff.

Sponsored Links
It can be either, but preferably should be both, mixed.

It's a meat sauce, with only traces of tomato.

Did it have nutmeg and lemon juice?

And you failed to mention any of the other possibilities in the article, instead just wanting to complain again about the British folk. Do you not have the ability to look at anything from any other angle? Very narrow-minded but I guess it suits your narrative.

"
Part of the reason is people frequently see horses as pets, and humans tend to put "extra qualities and values" on animals they call pets, he says.

"As soon as you give an animal a name, how can you eat it? I've got lambs, sheep, with names - they live forever. I don't name the commercial flock, which won't," he says
"
Hang on - I could have sworn that you said that talking about pets was twaddle, and going off at a tangent?

Oh yes, look, you did:

I'm sure that across the UK there are some people with unusual pets.

As I said, there's a difference between eating a pet, and eating an animal of the same type which someone, somewhere has as a pet.

It can't have escaped your attention that some people keep pigs as pets. Nor that the consumption of pork, bacon, sausages etc is widespread and considered normal.

You're not very good at this, are you.

And:

"
Horses helped out in warfare. There have been huge sacrifices alongside riders in historic battles. And there are sentimental depictions like War Horse," he says.

Their widespread use as working animals has had a lasting effect, argues food historian Ivan Day.

"We have to remember at one point, before railways, horses were the main means of transport. You don't eat your Aston Martin," he says.

Food historian Dr Annie Gray agrees the primary reasons for not eating horses were "their usefulness as beast of burden, and their association with poor or horrid conditions of living".

She suspects the practical considerations have become so embedded in culinary norms that horseflesh has garnered emotional connotations."

Lastly:

" others may be more inclined to think of horses as majestic, or associate them with nobility.

The killing of horses for meat is still an emotive subject as many people see them as companion animals rather than a food source, according to the RSPCA."

Hope that helps broaden your mind. (y)
Yes, I read those too.

And do you know what came immediately after those?

Oh look - something you knew I'd already quoted:

But all of the above reasons apply as much to France as they do to the UK. There must be more to it.

"It enables us to have yet another point of difference with the French," says Gray.

"Beef has long been symbolic of Englishness and therefore anything we can do or say to put British beef on a pedestal is usually done - ergo the thought that the French eat horse while we eat good beef becomes a chauvinistic way of asserting national identity," she says.

You're not very good at this, are you.

Did you look at what chauvinism is?

It was you who introduced the topic of animals as pets as a reason why certain animals shouldn't be eaten.

Don't go whinging about me when it turns out that your argument was a crock of s***
Lol, and here we are at the lashing out stage of conversing with BAS!!!

Oh go on then, if it truly means that much to you, carry on thinking that the reason people don't eat horses in the UK is because they're a bunch of racists who voted brexit and don't like 'foreign muck'. Go on, your (small) mind is made up anyway, no amount of reasoning, exchanges of ideas or nowt will ever get through to you because you're a judgemental so and so and really can't cope with any other viewpoint other than your own.

Must be difficult being you.

Lol, and here we are at the lashing out stage of conversing with BAS!!!
Characterise it that way if you wish, but it will do nothing to cover up the truth that you aren't very good at this.

Oh go on then, if it truly means that much to you, carry on thinking that the reason people don't eat horses in the UK is because they're a bunch of racists who voted brexit and don't like 'foreign muck'.
So all of a sudden are you less keen on the article which said that the thought that the French eat horse while we eat good beef becomes a way of asserting national identity which is based on an irrational belief in the superiority or dominance of British people, and that we are unique and special while the French are weak or inferior?

You wanted to bash me with it not long ago.

You aren't very good at this, are you.

Characterise it that way if you wish, but it will do nothing to cover up the truth that you aren't very good at this.

So all of a sudden are you less keen on the article which said that the thought that the French eat horse while we eat good beef becomes a way of asserting national identity which is based on an irrational belief in the superiority or dominance of British people, and that we are unique and special while the French are weak or inferior?

You wanted to bash me with it not long ago.

You aren't very good at this, are you.

There is more than one reason why people in the UK don't eat horse, and am pretty certain it's not because they all think they're better than anyone else.
You don't think Brits eat any other food other than their own traditional dishes because they are thinking they are superior when clearly that's not true and you're talking twaddle.

You're just as bad at generalising everyone as you claim brexiteers to be.

It can be either, but preferably should be both, mixed.

It's a meat sauce, with only traces of tomato.

Did it have nutmeg and lemon juice?
Heard on some Italian cooking tv show that pork was used originally. It did taste better by day 2-3 tbf. Still have about 400gms left in freezer so good idea to mix it with m-beef next time . My sauces are v tomato based. Passata sauce + tin chopped toms, lots of onions! garlic, peas, red pepper, basil, lots ground black pepper. Part pan cooked then finished off in the oven.
Ex gf's spagbol was to die for. She only used 1/2 tin tom's, garlic, onions, fresh chili an a few other secret ingredients but the mince steak she used was about £15 a kilo delivered from some fancy farm. The taste compared to mine (lidl's mb) was night and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back