Can't wait for my chlorinated, antibiotic and hormone fed meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I can't see any hatred of foreigners mentioned in my posts here, can you?

But I can see this in that article:

But all of the above reasons apply as much to France as they do to the UK. There must be more to it.

"It enables us to have yet another point of difference with the French," says Gray.

"Beef has long been symbolic of Englishness and therefore anything we can do or say to put British beef on a pedestal is usually done - ergo the thought that the French eat horse while we eat good beef becomes a chauvinistic way of asserting national identity," she says.

You might like to go and look up the definition of "chauvinistic".

Liar

Sponsored Links
Clearly they are not... people become attached and in the UK a lot of people will see animals in different ways - some as food, some as pets.
People have all sorts of animals as pets.

Not wanting to eat a pet is not the same as not wanting to eat any other examples of the same animal.

So why all this "ewwwwww" about eating one dead animal over another? It's the same, surely?

Depends what the animal ate, when alive.
Eating a carnivore is probably a bit dodgy, while eating something that fed on carrion would seem beyond the pale to me.

observe the verb, sod.

If they hadn't been prohibited by law, they's still be doing it.

now there's a coincidence.

I smoked (for a few months) because me mates did it, when we walked the streets.

We could also buy "singles" and a match, so it was dead cheap: you could find some coins in a gutter, and get a smoke.

What are a packet now? A tenner?

We generally don't eat mammalian carnivores as they have transmissible diseases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back