Careful who you know.

Morally and legally yes but also that person may be totally innocent?

would it be right morally to judge someone by the way they look(except in the case of police officers :LOL: ) and not believe them when they say they are innocent? Obviously people are entitled to their opinions and do indeed judge him one way or other, that in itself doesnt harm him unless he's shunned because of it but in this case isnt his freedom and libertyand job at stake here?

Sponsored Links
News clip 1

Extremist material was found on both Sabeel Ahmed and Dr Asha's laptops, and both gave money to Kafeel Ahmed and Dr Abdulla, the jury heard.

News clip 2

He said he was originally issued with a notice to detain him because his working visa had elapsed, but he said this was untrue and was resolved by his solicitors.

All I want to do is put my life back together with my wife and child

Dr Mohammed Asha

However, he said he was served a new notice at 1700 GMT on Tuesday.

"I am innocent. The use of the Home Office notice is disingenuous and it appears to be sour grapes on the part of the government."

The Home Office said it did not comment on individual cases.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is being held as his visa has run out, if this report is to be believed.

This man is a guest in our country, he has associated with convicted terrorists, (knowingly or unknowingly) . He is an intelligent man, do we believe him when he says he had no idea what they were up to.

Extremist material was found on his laptop, but he didn't put it there and he never looked at it. Do we believe that as well.

He gave the two terrorists money, it doesn't say how much, but he had no idea what they were going to do with it.

The Home Office intend to deport this man back to his home country, they view him as someone we would be better off without. He is not being deprived of his liberty long term he is being rejected, he will be able to carry on his life with his family, just not here in the UK.

IMHO he han't done enough to warrant a jail term but he has jeopardised his stay in the UK by associating with the two terrorists.

Just my opinion, based on what little facts the news article gives.

IMHO he han't done enough to warrant a jail term but he has jeopardised his stay in the UK by associating with the two terrorists.
I wonder how many known terroists Mr Adams and Mr Mcguiness associated with but can still walk the streets of britain.

It doesnt look good for him if all that is found to be true but without that knowledge would it be right to persecute him? Are the british authorities at liberty to show they are not acting on intuition but facts?

I know that the argument here will be that terrorism has to be dealt with differently but there's the danger of falsely accusing someone also, otherwise do we say that all those of a certain belief are potential terrorists and need investigating or worse still deporting?

Sponsored Links
True,

But just because you weren't found to be guilty, doesn't actually make you innocent does it? It just means they couldn't prove that you were guilty.

Not proven is only applicable in Scottish Law AFAIK, in England it is either Guilty or not guilty (and by dint innocent). Not that, it means stuff all to our fast becoming big brother state.

I wonder how many known terroists Mr Adams and Mr Mcguiness associated with but can still walk the streets of britain.

True but this Dr would be walking the streets now if it wasn't for this visa problem.

do we say that all those of a certain belief are potential terrorists and need investigating or worse still deporting?

No, not at all.

If, however, as in this case a person has associated with known terrorists and been found with extremist material in his possession then perhaps we should question if he is a benefit to this country or not. If he is working here on a visa he is not a UK citizen and we have the opportunity to ask him, politely, to leave.

We are not locking him up and chucking away the key.

Bilioustrumpstaine";p="1085195 said:
oompah";p="1085144 said:
True but this Dr would be walking the streets now if it wasn't for this visa problem.

Cleared doctor fights deportation
Dr Asha's statement, read out by his solicitor Tayab Ali, said: "Even though I was acquitted, justice has not been done and is not being done.
"I am still in HMP Belmarsh."
He said he was originally issued with a notice to detain him because his working visa had elapsed, but he said this was untrue and was resolved by his solicitors.}

do we say that all those of a certain belief are potential terrorists and need investigating or worse still deporting?

No, not at all.

If, however, as in this case a person has associated with known terrorists and been found with extremist material in his possession then perhaps we should question if he is a benefit to this country or not. If he is working here on a visa he is not a UK citizen and we have the opportunity to ask him, politely, to leave.

We are not locking him up and chucking away the key.
Understood, he's not a citizen.

Just checked out the article. He looks guilty cos all police pics make you look guilty..

Just checked out the article. He looks guilty cos all police pics make you look guilty..

images

Hang the Barstewards!

News clip 1

Extremist material was found on both Sabeel Ahmed and Dr Asha's laptops, and both gave money to Kafeel Ahmed and Dr Abdulla, the jury heard.

News clip 2

He said he was originally issued with a notice to detain him because his working visa had elapsed, but he said this was untrue and was resolved by his solicitors.

All I want to do is put my life back together with my wife and child

Dr Mohammed Asha

However, he said he was served a new notice at 1700 GMT on Tuesday.

"I am innocent. The use of the Home Office notice is disingenuous and it appears to be sour grapes on the part of the government."

The Home Office said it did not comment on individual cases.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is being held as his visa has run out, if this report is to be believed.

This man is a guest in our country, he has associated with convicted terrorists, (knowingly or unknowingly) . He is an intelligent man, do we believe him when he says he had no idea what they were up to.

Extremist material was found on his laptop, but he didn't put it there and he never looked at it. Do we believe that as well.

He gave the two terrorists money, it doesn't say how much, but he had no idea what they were going to do with it.

The Home Office intend to deport this man back to his home country, they view him as someone we would be better off without. He is not being deprived of his liberty long term he is being rejected, he will be able to carry on his life with his family, just not here in the UK.

Just my opinion, based on what little facts the news article gives.

Good post, but, there used to be a charge at sometime called Guilty by Association,don't know if this is still the case.

The man has had a good run, time to go home.

Sponsored Links
Back