Changing energy suppliers

Was with Shell energy for over 10 years, never had any billing issues

Now morphed into Octopus

Manual readings once per month!

Sponsored Links
I’ve been with So Energy for quite a few years.

Can’t be bothered to switch, if I did…….
….you wouldn’t be able to moan about high energy prices?

On a serious note, I’ve been with OVO for years and our 2 year fix ended last October. I was planning to do another fix when the next energy cap comes out in July although I heard an advert on the radio the other day from British Gas stating that their fixed price is lower than the current cap and if they bring out a cheaper fixed deal, you can swap to that for free.

….you wouldn’t be able to moan about high energy prices?

On a serious note, I’ve been with OVO for years and our 2 year fix ended last October. I was planning to do another fix when the next energy cap comes out in July although I heard an advert on the radio the other day from British Gas stating that their fixed price is lower than the current cap and if they bring out a cheaper fixed deal, you can swap to that for free.

But it's still British Gas.

Horrendous firm to deal with

Sponsored Links
Octopus.

Found BG to be impossible to deal with when my mum died and I paid the bills for her house (and mine) until it was sold.

They could never get the bills sorted between the 2 addresses, and everybody j eventually got to speak to always had to start from the beginning to get any sense.

Probably too many people in too many different offices (around the country) and lack of internal communications on their part.

Eventually lost patience with them and moved accounts. Had been with them ages and received lots of offers to get ne to stay. If if had been an isolated incident or only happened a couple of times I wouldn't have minded. But it was incompetence or deliberate policy on business ability.

Yes.

The ones I can contact easily, and have no problems with.

There's more than a few disgruntled BG customers about too

Just to add my pound of flesh, I was with Octopus, inherited them after house move however mine was a very very bad experience that I never wish to repeat. I have smart meters for both gas & E and also had in my old house. Despite me telling them exactly how much energy I used a year they kept relentlessly increasing my direct debit charges, often without telling me AND disabled my ability to reset them on my account login. Things got so bad I took my complaint not just to the ombudsman but also to my MP. Octopus never apologized, kept telling me "its the system and that's the way it works". So in the end I left them and moved to Utility Warehouse who I am pleased to say charge me for EXACTLY what I use every month, no stupid system!

I would never ever over my dead body touch Octopus ever again and I would advise everybody else to steer well clear of them as well. As far as I can see there game is to milk customers to gain excessive credit.

eon and bg never ever had a problem with either and never had to phone them about anything dont know why some of you are constantly on phone to energy suppliers

They certainly did not a year ago when I left them, as noted in my other post they kept trying to overcharge me to gain excessive credit, not once did they bill me for what I actually owed.
They certainly did a year ago, they've been doing so for us for longer than that.
Did you ask to be billed monthly in arrears for your usage?

eon and bg never ever had a problem with either and never had to phone them about anything dont know why some of you are constantly on phone to energy suppliers
Personally I don't accept wrong charges.

They certainly did not a year ago when I left them, as noted in my other post they kept trying to overcharge me to gain excessive credit, not once did they bill me for what I actually owed.

That depends upon what sort of account you have set up with them. If you pay monthly, but based on your annual consumption/12, then you will overpay in summer, underpay in winter - which is what I do. The recent large variations in energy costs, threw everyone's consumption/12 calculation out. That plus my moving to the much cheaper Tracker tariff, meant I ended up with too much credit recently, I simply went online, and reduced my monthly payment in a few seconds, no drama.

Sponsored Links
Back