Charities.

The fact they even earn close to the PM's salary, well over 100k, shows exactly how 'charitable' they are. bunch of crooks from the chugger to the director.

Sponsored Links
Chuggers are scum, casting a driftnet of harrasment accross the street, and coercing not just a donation, but a recurring financial commitment out of people for their own profit.
I personally blacklist any charity that employs chuggers.
A charity's job is to raise funds for their chosen cause. If they can't even be a***d to do their own fundraising - instead, outsourcing it to profiteering chugging agencies - then what is the point of their existence?
They should be shut down, and it should be legal to use violence against chuggers.

i personally think charities that use chuggers or have any more than 15% running cost are verging on immoral and should have to declare the percentages with any paperwork or sales pitch[tv advert for example]

as an aside
if someone approaches you with a clip board just say you haven't got a bank account and they will instantly go away without saying more than 2 words

Then it goes on big fat salaries. The top charity bosses earn more than the PM.
Really? Here are two examples.

Oxfam

Annual Income to march 2011 - £367.5 million
Annual Expenditure - £361.1 million
This includes staff costs - £96.5 million (2,000 employees in the UK, 3,000 overseas). There are 22,000 volunteers.

The Chief Executive's total pay £107k

Save the Children

Annual Income - £291 million
Expenditure - £266.5 million
This includes staff costs - £76.5 million (5,000 employees, 9,000 volunteers)

Chief Executive's total pay £134k

The Prime Minister currently gets £142.5k, although he is entitled to £193K
The President of the USA gets £273k

So you think it quite OK for someone to scrounge off struggling families and pensioners whilst pocketing £134K? Do you honestly think that that is alright?

Now tell us what the Salvation Army top man gets - and tell us which is the bigger organisation.

Gwon - I dare you.

Sponsored Links
I was a fervent subscriber to the National Trust, until the one day when a friend told me what the fat cats cream off for doing SFA!

My dichotomy was to support something I am passionate about and proud of in every British sense, verses lining the pockets of the rich.

Unfortunately, it was with a heavy heart I decided to stick two fingers up at the fat cats...

My mother has always given to a cancer charity for yrs, she now gets begging letters to double her contribution, or maybe a few pounds more.

The Mug list :rolleyes:

Those who didn't bother to vote don't count and their views don't matter, they had the option to vote for, support or stand as independents, they just couldn't be bothered and whine like little children how "voting doesnt mater, whaaaaaa".
Not so. I'm old enough, and ugly enough, to know what our society is like under both main parties. (Going back to Wilson).

Speaking as a 'tell it as it is' impartial kinda bloke, it's always been a choice between being shot or hung!

Nothing has changed; lies, terminalogical inexactitudes or bullsh1t. Call it what you like but that which we call a turd still smells as rancid.

So this 'no vote no opinion' is rubbish. A no-vote speaks volumes about what people think of our politics and the corrupt parasites ruling us...

Oh, btw, has anyone noticed the prices of clothes in charity shops in recent years? :eek:

Yes, I confess I like charity shops and have had some great bargains. More often than not, I just round the price up to the nearest pound. But I see shirts at £6 sometimes and think "hang on a minute! I can buy a new shirt for that!"

Okay, it might have M&S on the label but even so... I used to see them for as little as 50 pence, so it seems just a little like money-grabbing to me.

To name and shame a bit, there's two in Stratford upon Avon I don't bother going into anymore. The best I ever got was a quality Delsey travel suitcase they wanted £1 for :eek: I rounded it up to a fiver. They obviously didn't know the value; looks absolutely brand new too. :)

I admit i would not know a "Delsey" from a Tesco bag, but are you sure it was an original and not a copy from China??

I admit i would not know a "Delsey" from a Tesco bag, but are you sure it was an original and not a copy from China??
:LOL: Na, definitely the real deal Pred.

Has combination locks and key-lock, complete with keys. I wish I could use it but ever since I bought a new house, four years ago, I've become 'asset rich cash poor'. :cry:

When I snuff it I'd like some to go towards St Marys Hospice. Visited there more times than I remember. Great staff/nurses/carers. After what happened to me recently I could have ended up there; or taking a dirt nap...

Add: Just accidentally pressed ignore icon and it said I can't ignore myself. I might as well, everyone else does :LOL:

Woman at work gave in a couch to the charity shop last month. They asked her if she wanted to 'increase her donation' via a gift aid form, to which she said yes. Now the customer that bought the couch says its faulty (broken springs) and wants a full refund. The charity shop have given over my collegue's details and the customer has written to her! Apparently the gift aid form means the charity sells the item on behalf of you, then takes the proceeds of the sale as your donation, so they receive a cash donation instead.

Even though the couch was a pure donation (no money received by my colleague) could my colleague still be liable for reimbursing this woman? She has called the charity shop and the manager says it's the donator's responsiblity to make sure the goods are of merchantible quality. Any advice on this ludicrous situation?

[Now tell us what the Salvation Army top man gets - and tell us which is the bigger organisation.

Gwon - I dare you.
He gets a place in heaven , from where he`ll look down @ you and :LOL: - cuz you Joe 90 are goin` DOWN and it`ll be more than 90 degrees there :mrgreen:

I know Pred :D I felt a bit guilty only donating a fiver really. Can't see the exact model, probably and old type, but It's everso nice.

I once did a charity car wash in a superstore car park with some friends. My philanthropy was tested when a nob ed, young man in a flash car, just sped off afterwards donating nothing :evil:

At the other extreme, a lovely woman came up and said "my car is okay but here's something for your hard work and a good cause", and handed me £10 :eek:

I don't think I've ever had such a rapid change in feelings from hate to love..

Sponsored Links
Back