choosing an alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, we`ve been burgled so we`ve decided we need an alarm. I`ve got no idea about which one to choose so any help would be much appreciated.
we live in a standard 3 bed semi with back and front door. over to you guys, cheers.

Sponsored Links
I've fitted 4 Yale wireless systems and have had zero problems, alot of people say they are nothing but trouble but like i say all 4 are working 100% fine and have been for 6 months now. I would have prefered wired but i didn't want cables everywhere.

sorry to hear about your break in btw, :( Not a nice feeling.

this is a public forum, you will only get opinions of kit, its your choice.

some will say brand A some will say brand B

I will say stay away from radio stuff becuse its only fit for the bin

Sponsored Links
this is a public forum, you will only get opinions of kit, its your choice.

some will say brand A some will say brand B

I will say stay away from radio stuff becuse its only fit for the bin

i would like clicky

radio stuff?? do you mean wireless systems mate? I appreciate it`s a forum so I`ll rephrase the question.
which alarm systems do the professionals on here have fitted at home?
cheers.[/b]

controversial question.

I have a galaxy

but that tells you nothing and unless you have an ology in science and can read and understand 2 books from holland at the same time the manuul is of no use.

everyone likes scantronic, so get one of them (makes a change from Rf saying .........)

Texecom :LOL:

No they really are good.

I have one fitted in my home, and have fitted hundreds for customers over more than 10 years, with very little trouble.

The most common problem is battery failure after five years or so. There is one easy to swap battery on a wired system. How many batteries are there to go wrong on a wireless system?

Thats a bit better success rate than 4 wireless alarms, with 6 months of trial. ;)

oeeeeeeg, have you ever watched the kids programme "Mr Ben"

well it was written for RF lighting because when "suddenly a man appeared" thats RF lighting that is (he always says texecom.

but i have to agree with his comment about yale

RF, I`ve just noticed you live in Leeds (same as me). got talking to an alarm engineer this morning at work, asked his advice,

texecom was the first thing he mentioned. wasn`t you was it? :LOL:

I've fitted 4 Yale wireless systems and have had zero problems, alot of people say they are nothing but trouble but like i say all 4 are working 100% fine and have been for 6 months now. I would have prefered wired but i didn't want cables everywhere.

6 Months? The good going :rolleyes:

We are looking at more long term I think.........10yr down the line!

I don't have time machine so i'll let you know..........

My suggestion is don't fit the crap you can buy at Argos or B&Q!

Stick with Gardtec, Texecom, Scantronic or Honeywell and providing you fit the system well it will cause you very little grief.

Texecom Premiers are my preferred system at the moment :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back