Churchill McDonnall Who is the real villain

Sponsored Links
Yes, we know you have said that.

We also know that you have no evidence.

We also know that you know it isn't true.

We also know that therefore you are a liar.

Tis true

Of course I have evidence what do u take me for a Cretin :LOL::LOL:

Imo u have Tourette's :LOL:

Remember your claim is not that he has a copy of the book, it is not that he quoted from it in Parliament, it is that he is an admirer of Mao and carries the book around with him for inspiration.

Of course I have evidence what do u take me for a Cretin
I take you for a liar if you cannot prove the truth of your allegation.

Ah! Of course.
And bang on topic.
"the Home Secretary Winston Churchill, "​

And what of someone held under house arrest for years and years, never receiving a fair trial, and never knowing what crimes he is supposed to have committed, all on the say-so of a government which makes itself immune from any challenges. Are they political prisoners?

Sponsored Links
Remember your claim is not that he has a copy of the book, it is not that he quoted from it in Parliament, it is that he is an admirer of Mao and carries the book around with him for inspiration.

I take you for a liar if you cannot prove the truth of your allegation.

Of course he carries it around how did he wave it around in parliament then hmmm

Inspiration of course it does ask him :LOL:

Mind u perhaps he also gets inspiration from mr Adams ;)

So may be u both have some thing in common :idea:
:mrgreen:

Of course he carries it around how did he wave it around in parliament then hmmm
Ooh let's see.

Maybe he took it with him, planning to use it in just they way he did.

Not everyone is like you - some people can plan things.

Ooh let's see.

Maybe he took it with him, planning to use it in just they way he did.

Not everyone is like you - some people can plan things.

May be ? :confused: Than again may be not ;)

Plan things ? Well I have laid plans for Brexit Armaggedon :cool:

You? Nah u are to busy trawling the web for propaganda / dodgy links

Mostly with an Irish slant :sneaky:

white supremacist views and racism

OK, but SO WHAT that he had white supremacist views or any other supposed faults? He saved the world from evil.

If he had had black, yellow, pink or red supremacist views would he be more acceptable to you? What matters is that he had anti-Hitler's supremacism views.

Last edited by a moderator:
And what of someone held under house arrest for years and years, never receiving a fair trial, and never knowing what crimes he is supposed to have committed, all on the say-so of a government which makes itself immune from any challenges. Are they political prisoners?
Nothing comes to mind about who or what you are thinking of, other than potential terrorists under intense scrutiny.
Can you elaborate again, please?

There are several examples of dubious behaviour, such as complicit in rendition, torture and detention in other countries. But I was limiting my consideration to the GB or UK (other than NI).

Given where he was, McDonnell was correct.
Churchill was pretty hardline and was effectively in the wilderness until ww2, when we needed a hardline leader to get us through. That doesn't excuse previous "sins"

Certainly on balance he did more good than harm but sending in troops to police an action was churchilll's first reaction and his attitude to India was scandalous

A previous sin.......... "Churchill's most important indirect role in these reforms was his assistance in passing the People's Budget and the Parliament Act of 1911.[4]:157–166 The Budget included the introduction of new taxes on the wealthy to fund new social welfare programmes. Churchill biographer William Manchester called the People's Budget "a revolutionary concept" because it was the first budget in British history with the expressed intent of redistributing wealth to the British public.[24] When the Budget was discussed in 1909 he did feel some ambiguity over it.[4]:159 But despite his doubts about its effectiveness, he launched himself into the fight for the budget and accepted the presidency of the Budget League, an organisation set up in response to the opposition's "Budget Protest League".[4]:161

Sending in troops you say ..........."In 1910, coalminers in the Rhondda Valley began what has come to be known as the Tonypandy Riots. Initially, the chief constable of Glamorgan requested that troops be sent in to help police quell the rioting. Churchill, when he learned that they had been sent, allowed them to go as far as Swindon and Cardiff and authorised the commanding general to advance further if he should judge it necessary. Churchill, who had already forbidden the use of forces in another industrial dispute at Newport, did not favour deployment of troops, fearing a repeat of the 1887 Bloody Sunday in Trafalgar Square. In particular, Churchill forbade the use of troops as strike breakers.[6]:48 On 9 November, the Times leader criticised this decision, saying that responsibility for the "renewed rioting late last night...will lie with the Home Secretary [Churchill]" for countermanding the chief constable's request for troops. In spite of this, the rumour persisted that Churchill had ordered troops to attack, and Churchill's reputation in Wales and in Labour circles never recovered.[27]"

You cannot boil down historical figures to simple binary choice as hero or villain, most are a mosaic of views and a creation of their times.

Irony is Churchill was a horrible minister in peace times and his real skill was being a leader during the war but even then his advisors kept him from making rash decisions.

Churchill greatest talent perhaps was his writing and speaches. History has been kind to him by brushing out a great deal of his flaws which those not versed in nuance will miss.

Greatest talent writing ??????

Cometh the hour cometh the man......Churchill felt his whole life's course was a preamble pointed towards this one hour this one task defeating Hitler. His greatest talent was emboldening this country to stand alone against Hitler despite all the appeasers.

Nothing comes to mind about who or what you are thinking of, other than potential terrorists under intense scrutiny.
Can you elaborate again, please?
As you said, "potential terrorists under intense scrutiny".

What matters is that he had anti-Hitler's supremacism views.
Indeed,,,and all the Germany lovin stirrers on here would never have existed if Hitler invaded. Idiots..No wonder they dumb remainiacs..Clueless.

I accept that Churchill was no saint, but on balance he did more good for this country than McDonnall has done or will ever do.
What do you think?
Spot on..Everyone has skeletons in the cupboard.Trying to dig dirt on Churchill when he is no longer around,,and did so much for this country is in very bad taste.

Sponsored Links
Back