Cold Calling sales people

When they ring, ask them if they are selling anything, if they reply that they are not, you reply with -

Thats a shame, as you really felt like splashing out today whatever the cost, and then hang up.

Sponsored Links
My favorites:

1. When they ask to speak "to the person who makes decisions on purchasing" or whatever, I say "I'll put you through to the finance department" make a beeping noise, and then in exactly the same voice say "Hello, Human Resources, how may I help" they then usually say "Sorry I wanted the fiance department" ..I say I'll put them through, make another crappy beeping noise and so on....till they get bored !

2. After the initial spiel say "I'm glad you called, there is something I want you to do for me, have you got a pen..."yes".(they usually sound excited, thinking they have a lead)...please write this down..."DON'T EVER CALL THIS NUMBER EVER AGAIN...GOT THAT?"

i just had a call yesterday asking me if i would be interested i putting my advert on a year planner for "charity" i forget which they said, they were asking loads of questions and i was just yessing and noing etc, not really paying attention to them, so to get rid i asked them to send me a copy of last years planner and ill call them back.

anyways went out to work today, got home and lo and behold i got an invoice for my advert and the proof that they have made for me, the proof being a photocopy of my ad in yellow pages. and the invoice states i should pay before xmas.

nice one guys ill file that under f for f*** off! thank you please

Sponsored Links
Has anyone come into contact with PFAMedia, based in Liverpool?

Take a look at this: http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_id/3269/companyname/Pfa-Media-Uk.html

Blagger is a great site for these kind of things.

Indeed they are...

Someone mentioned this firm earlier..dont take my word..have a read.

http://www.blagger.com/scripts/db2.php?companyname=iomart&sector=&location=&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

The are also known as..ufindus,internetters, iomart (liar mart more like!!) easy space and customer street...same firm but they are so bad they keep haivng to re-invent themselves...they are that bad theres even a support group for their victims.

The 'charity' ones always seem to be 'mickey mousers'..they always come out with the same ol same ol...and try and play on your conscience..the 'charities' have made up names like KWIC (kids with cancer) then fiegh surprise when you say you aint heard of them..how sick can you get..NICHT TOUCH DEM!

Has anyone had the insurance ones..they guarentee you work..for a 'small' (£500) fee!..course you wont get the work.

I love the foreign ones, and take great pleasure in making up a ficticos name while im opening my 'account' ..'Mike Coxard' is a personal favourite!

When they ring ask for the biggest most expensive package they have..keep em yapping for as long as possible then just say..'ever had the feling someones winding you up?'

I had someone phone me up asking If I wanted to buy a new mobile phone when I said no they asked me if I wanted to change my land line. i said to them that I didn't own a land line. The guy said of course you do everyone owns a land line. I said that I didn't.

This went on for a couple of minutes. Him saying how I could save money on this and that. I kept on saying that i dont have a land line.

He eventually gave up saying that he could of offered me a good deal.

Not once did he mention that he phoned my house number which of course is a land line. What a fu..... idiot.

I had someone phone me up asking If I wanted to buy a new mobile phone when I said no they asked me if I wanted to change my land line. i said to them that I didn't own a land line. The guy said of course you do everyone owns a land line. I said that I didn't.

This went on for a couple of minutes. Him saying how I could save money on this and that. I kept on saying that i dont have a land line.

He eventually gave up saying that he could of offered me a good deal.

Not once did he mention that he phoned my house number which of course is a land line. What a fu..... idiot.

:LOL: :LOL:

I have two approaches depending on mood

Pick up phone...listen to first sentence then come in" I`m sorry but this line is for people to buy from me. If you aint buying from me you shouldn`t be phoning it" More waffle.........Repeat.

My other one is ........after their first statement just say "what has that got to do with you?" more waffle then repeat in a sterner tone" yes but I don`t really think that has anything to do with you. Now come on tell me has it?. Works for me :D

Corrie

Its probably me, but (apart from India) are ALL freekin call centres up t'north???

no wonder theres an obesity crisis, all them folk working at ....Northern rock, HMRC, Orange, AA, etc.........sittin' at a desk, all day long. annoying us cockney w ankers. :LOL:

I normally say "hang on I need to put you on hold for a second" and then I put them on hold and see how long until they hang up :)

Ive got rid of a few sales callers by pretending to be an over zealous jehovahs witness,and trying to get them to come to a meeting so i can talk to them.

Sponsored Links
Back