Cold Calling sales people

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has got to be top of the hate list :!:

How many of us are plagued by slick sales people trying to sell us something over the phone. Even though you ask straight away what they are trying to sell they still insist they are not and are doing you a favour :eek:

Tell us about the most ridiculous cold call you've had, how you deal with them or just have a good moan :D

Sponsored Links
I used to love them when I had my own butchery franchise in a Kwik Save.

They used to offer me business grants, European grants, Rate reductions, etc, all for an up front fee of course.

I would string them along in quiet periods and have fun at their expense.

They are good at their job and its easy to see how the green and gullible people are ensnared into their trap and end up parting with money. :(

Tell us about the most ridiculous cold call you've had, how you deal with them or just have a good moan :D
Simple really, I don't answer any withheld number, if it's for me then they can leave a message on the answerphone.

Sponsored Links
"Thank you for calling, but I'm not interested, goodbye" click

I tell these low lives "Please now is not a good time please give me your home phone number and I will call you tonight" OR tell them yes I am very interested" and put them on hold and wait until the light goes out

i asked one caller "what part of I am not interested do you not understand?"

ive had people caling from a supposedly diary company they claimed they rang me in feb and i agreed a size and a page number in this diary which will be distributed to over 5000 companys in your area, i then asked if they were sure they spoke to me, then they said it is possible that they spoke to my secretary or another worker, when i explained i work on my own and the only "secretary" i have is the misses, then they were saying it must have been me, can i send them the payment for the entry, i said yes i will send the payment as soon as the diary is proof read by myself.

as of yet nothing has been heard since

its an old con. they normally say its for a charity etc. tell them to bugger off. i think they work on the basis that if they send an invoice to a big company they will get paid.

its an old con. they normally say its for a charity etc. tell them to b*****r off. i think they work on the basis that if they send an invoice to a big company they will get paid.

yeah thats what i figured, but i still liked to waste thier time

Well we've got some good ones here especially the you tube clip it was hilarious :D

I've had the charity book call. Company called Vardis does them. "in aid of children with cancer". Absolute scum.

Another one was UFindUs, a web directory listings company. I knew it was them straight away but the sales person insisted they weren't UFindUs and were a different company called Customer Street. So when I'd got off the phone with him I called up UFindUs and asked for him and was put through. He hung up straight away.

I've now got a Yellow Pages sales person who must be missing his sales targets as he won't leave me alone. I might actually take him up though as the price keeps going down with every phone call. :)

weve binned yellow pages this year. strange they always said to us that the price of yellow pages is never negotiable. He is my local rep.....funny how ive had a call this week saying i need to make up my mind as they are all moving on to the next area.

Sponsored Links
Back