Collection of building rubbish

Nowadays builders generally dont have 'yards'.

So materials get delivered to site. Any spares / oveds get thrown in the skip.

It does seem wasteful, but Ive tried moving it and its not usually worth it. -say theres 30 blocks over, the cost of moving them is probably as much as they are worth, in any case when ordering for a new job its easier to just work out the quants for that job, not to start thinkung about stock.

Its always tricky with quants because if the order is tight, then being a few short is a lot more of a pain than being a bit over.

Bulk bags: if you need more than about 15 mini bags, a bulk bag is cheaper, but the waste might end up in the skip.

Sponsored Links
It amazes me how many trades abuse local tips. It's also no surprise that they have started charging and as a result, fly tipping has increased. Low life 'tradesmen' fekkars.

:rolleyes:

I pay for when I dump rubbish. But if its my own waste I I'll take it in my van and my Honda...

There are alot that do abuse

I do rock up in my big van.
In fairness it is my stuff and obviously not plumbing.
Different authorities have different rules.

I heard of one recently where people were complaining about the rule of no sign-written vans. Didn't matter what was inside the van, nor whose stuff it was.

Different authorities have different rules.

I heard of one recently where people were complaining about the rule of no sign-written vans. Didn't matter what was inside the van, nor whose stuff it was.

If I'm taking grass cuttings I'll take photos of my garden and take headed letter with me.

I care so much about the state of rubbish around or country. I just try to do my bit. As we all should

Sponsored Links
I'm not saying they are right and you are wrong.

But if you lived in an area where your council banned sign-written vans under all circumstances there would be b****r all you could do apart from trying to take them to court.

I'm not saying they are right and you are wrong.

But if you lived in an area where your council banned sign-written vans under all circumstances there would be b****r all you could do apart from trying to take them to court.

I'm on the Herts Essex border.. I've argued successfully on more than 1 occasion when they have pulled me up that. That I pay my taxes to Essex County Council, yet anyone from Hertfordshire and beyond can work out of an estate car and dump their rubbish using our tip..

ID and monitoring is the answer.

It does seem wasteful, but Ive tried moving it and its not usually worth it. -say theres 30 blocks over, the cost of moving them is probably as much as they are worth, in any case when ordering for a new job its easier to just work out the quants for that job, not to start thinkung about stock.
Bring it all to my house and I'll put it with all the other odds and sods, offcuts and bits crap that will "come in useful one day".

Back