Concerning CET recondition pcb's

All has nothing to do with manufacturer's declarations of conformity

I'd wager Intergas have never made such a declaration, indeed the problem with OV fluing is not covered in the MI's, so their advice is word of mouth only - hush hush, under the carpet, cement it in the wall, customer won't notice etc...

I promise I'm not having a go Dan, far from it. Your choice of words were spot on - 'engineering judgement'. Some use it when taking a chance with CET, others when hiding a push-fit flue joint in the wall.

Sponsored Links
Appreciate it dude.

But you are talking about two totally different things.

The Mighty OV Gash does have a deceleration. It is on the back of the manual.

I am not 100% you realise what the declaration means?

But the moment CET change a component on the board, it no longer conforms to the manufacturer's deceleration.

So who will declare it is fit and safe for purpose and will operate as designed?

Geoff sure as shit won't otherwise he would have done so several pages and times of asking ago ;).

Profiles kept the Gas Valve open too IIRC.

Absolutely - haver you ever rep[laced a profile pcb, knowing that this failure mode exists? bet you have yopu bad boy

this is a manufacturer's design fault, oh sorry manufacturers don't get it wrong

Suprima boards could do all sorts

And I bet you've fitted replacement pcbs in them too

it get's worse

I have only ever fitted OEM boards. I and one of my engineers have gone over plenty of Potty boards for their dry joints. But that is different to changing bits of boards.

It doesn't get worse. If by that you are calling me a hypocrite.

Your failure to answer simple questions is making you look more and more like a charlatan.

Sponsored Links
It is not difficult.

YOUR company is replacing parts of PCBs NOT supplied by the MANUFACTURER of the boiler.

Oh dear Dan dan the blue van man

none of the parts of a pcb are "supplied by the MANUFACTURER of the boiler", they are capacitors, relays, transistors bought by Honeywell or whoever else builds the boards. These componnents are also available to ourselves and if for example a GS2-R-24 relay goes down, we replace it with anotherGS2-R-24, as per what was originally specc'd for the pcb

Those PCBs are therefore the same as ones approved by the manufacturer.

Therefore, the boiler conforms to the same standards as set out by the manufacturer in their declaration of conformity.

So the manufacturer is still responsible for the safe operation of the appliance.

see what I did there?
Or are you saying the likes of Ideal, Ariston and Potterton are happy that you are reworking their boards and approve of your endeavours?

don't be stupid... just for once

Shall we ask some manufacturers then?

Are you able to show us, in writing, Ideal, Ariston, Potterton, Vaillant...... extensive list I can't be bothered to carry on....... if they would agree that your boards are as good or better than OEM parts?

I see you are still too flecking stupid to use the quote functions of this website properly. It isn't that hard when you put your mind to it ;).

So what is the difference between repair and reconditioning?

You tell me

Replying questions in the body of the quote is not fro easy reading :rolleyes:

your problem, not mine if you can't handle it

Why should I tell you what the difference between repair and recon is? You are the one peddling these boards.

You brought the subject up - put up or shut up

I am asking YOU. Is it an unreasonable question?

Coherent writing and quoting is fort the benefit of others. All it does is make you look even more evasive and dishonest.

Personally I don't care what the difference between repair and recon is because as a business man I don't want to put my customers at risk of dodgy backstreet wide boys who think an RS catalogue (yes I have one) gives them the right to ride rough shod good practice and accountability.

Karena says lebih sukah tinggal di Indonesia

As does Hepatitis ;). Although I am sure it is a beautiful country. Hope your BIL is going to be OK.

well, actually he's not - hit by a motoebike in Bandung, the handlebars went through his abdomen and ripped out his intestines - and multiple fractures of his right arm

Would still like some answers to my basic questions asked earlier this evening.

recondition or repair? semantics, same at the end of the day
on a solo 2 pcb for example, we replace 9 electrolytic caps whether they are faulty or not as a matter of course - this is reconditioning - proactive repair

fans, we always replace ball races as we don't know the history - reconditioning? you tell me

what's the big point you're trying to make?

I asked you that question. It is you trade afterall. Mine is Gas Safety.

So to clarify... for when I ask Gas Safe tomorrow, and a select few manhufacturers also.

- Your name is not Geoff.

- You may or may not be in the UK.

- You declare that the boards that you have removed components from (and replaced with those sourced from third parties unknown) will not in any way nullify the declaration of conformity issued by the appliance manufacturer.

- Agree to support a purchaser of your products should an incident occur whereby loss or injury has occurred as a direct result of a component failure traced back to the item purchased from or exchanged by CET? Be it an original design flaw that you have mimicked or have attempted to build out of the original design (see reference to the deceleration above).

It is you who is avoiding the questions. Throwing them back at me is pointless on the grounds that I think your whole business model is irresponsible; and therefore don't have a view on what the difference is. Others however are interested.

Or should I say are interested in your lack of clarification.

Are you with me dear boy?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back