Condensate pipe straight into the ground outside

Given the proximity of the kitchen sink, it should be easy enough to terminate into the existing waste, or even in the waste outside. Certainly wouldn’t be just to ground, seen it eat through copper, and make a mess of mortar/bricks. Soak away - if this route needs to be a minimum away from property, 500mm iirc.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone.

The company is coming back to alter the pipework and fit a soakaway.

Apart from it being 500mm away from the property, is there anything else I should know?

I would have preferred for it to go into the sink waste or a drain outside, personally...

Thanks everyone.

The company is coming back to alter the pipework and fit a soakaway.

Apart from it being 500mm away from the property, is there anything else I should know?

I would have preferred for it to go into the sink waste or a drain outside, personally...

I do my external condense pipes in 50mm. It is a bit over the top but I had 43mm plastic condense freezing when we had the beast from the east.
Definitely let them know you won't except overflow pipe as this will freeze if we get some freezing weather.

Sponsored Links
Thanks...

I have also consulted the McAlpine website so I'm aware of the recommended distance away from the building (as mentioned above too) and other measurements, plus the soakaway holes facing away from the building... not that I'll be able to check this...

I am a bit concerned they will make an inadequate job of fitting the soakaway seeing as it's the same bloke coming back who stuck the pipe directly into the ground but let's see how this goes...

Thanks...

I have also consulted the McAlpine website so I'm aware of the recommended distance away from the building (as mentioned above too) and other measurements, plus the soakaway holes facing away from the building... not that I'll be able to check this...

I am a bit concerned they will make an inadequate job of fitting the soakaway seeing as it's the same bloke coming back who stuck the pipe directly into the ground but let's see how this goes...
Be there to supervise he will fit it facing away. Its harder not to.

I think you’ll find you’re not allowed to put a soak away within 3 metres of a house. Bob

'External pipework for condensate discharge should be no longer than 3 metres in length and have as steep a gradient as possible. The condensate discharge pipe may be taken above or below ground level. Prepare hole approximately 200mm wide x 400mm deep and a minimum of 500mm from adjacent wall to the centre of the hole.'

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/condensate-soak-away-advice.392759/

Andy

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back