Conservators hard at work

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
StonehengeSummerTime.jpg

Adjusting Stonehenge to British Summer time

Sponsored Links
Good reminder John, ta.
I suppose I'll have to go around the house now adjusting clocks etc. Vehicles are the worst. Rarely affects me personally, as I just get up with the birds.

Sponsored Links
It wasn't me who raised the issue.

Please tell me what is wrong with my reply to IT Minion's incorrect statement.

"now?"

IT minion makes no mention of EU forcing UK to change/not to change their clocks.

It's always interesting to hear a claim that resigning from the EU enable UK to do something.

Is that not true?

IT minion makes no mention of EU forcing UK to change/not to change their clocks.
He implied that.
If only we hadn't left Europe, they're all ditching daylight saving time.

It's always interesting to hear a claim that resigning from the EU enable UK to do something.
Then query what IT Minion wrote.

What you imply is blindingly obvious by the fact that the UK and Portugal have never adopted Central European Time.

You really are a pillock sometimes.

I'd prefer to have lighter evenings and darker mornings.

Right now its 19:30 out and its still daylight.. It means you could go for a walk, run, bike, ride etc. The downside is it would be dark until about 8-8:30 in the morning in the darkest winter months.

In the late 1960s (1968/69 IIRC) the clocks stayed forward throughout the winter months. In the south of England where I live, it was getting light around 08:30, but up in the north and in Scotland, it was still dark at 09:30. Surprisingly, there was little increase in road accidents in the morning period, and accidents at school home-times were reduced. However, it was felt that the experiment was not a success, and British Standard Time reverted to GMT in October 1969 (IIRC)

Sponsored Links
Back