Convertible diesel

Sponsored Links
In today's "toxic" environment, Westminster council are charging 50% extra for parking any diesel car that is over 10 years old. In Germany, diesel cars over 3 years old are now considered too dirty. Chris Grayling is recommending that people buy more eco friendly cars, and is ignoring how clean diesels currently are, so I think it's more than likely, that he will do a Gordon Brown trick soon, and try and hike the car tax for diesels soon.

The mazda mx5 is a cracking little car, some people say its for hairdressers but its a great drivers car and pretty straightforward to maintain.
Id be looking for a petrol model as suggested for the reasons above.

Sponsored Links
I'd go for a Volvo C70 or a Saab 9-3 . Both available as diesels and not as common as the German brands

BMW a possibility Saab never have bought one before and was a money pit and I mean money pit been looking at a Astra twin top which Is inglasgow about260 mile trip

Why on earth would you want to sit in a diesel with the top down with an engine that sounds like a tractor? And to think manufacturers spend millions developing sound proofing to ensure you can't hear a diesel engine rattling away when you're sat inside.

IMG_0155.PNG
IMG_0156.PNG
IMG_0158.PNG IMG_0155.PNG IMG_0158.PNG
IMG_0158.PNG

Decided on a BMW I series drove it 130 miles home and being honest was a nice drive

Nice wheels! Is there a mechanical way to operate the roof if the electric motors fail? It used to lurk under the rear seat squab.
John :)

Nice wheels! Is there a mechanical way to operate the roof if the electric motors fail? It used to lurk under the rear seat squab.
Think the wheels are dated by the price I paid I can't grumble it's a honest cat John 1 registered keeper just had full service and mot done so for now I can live with them lol

Sorry, when I said wheels, I meant the entire car.....it looks superb.
I have to say, the original BMW advert described them as a pure drivers car - and I have to agree, they are a cut above the rest.
Have lots of luck with it, and summer beckons!

Those wheels are OK. Not too hard to clean and you can get a sponge in between the spokes.
I'm not a BMW fan so won't pass comment on the rest of the car.

Sponsored Links
Back