Copy cats

Sponsored Links
Why don't we just import these Chinese models at a fraction of the cost rather than buying German...
People buy German cars for a reason. If they wanted cheap tat they would just buy French, Italian or USA shoite.

Then why not?
Indeed. I'm sure German car manu's would be flattered that people want to drive a cheap copy of their vehicles. There is a copyright issue there also.

How do they replicate the sound of a nice powerful motor though? Halfords?

Sponsored Links
Indeed. I'm sure German car manu's would be flattered that people want to drive a cheap copy of their vehicles. There is a copyright issue there also.

How do they replicate the sound of a nice powerful motor though? Halfords?

I get you and your right again. But copying is very much a German thing as well... You just need to go Aldi and Lidl to see the evidence.

I couldnt afford a new top of the range German car. But if I could afford the Chinese version and it was half good. Then maybe I would

I get you and your right again. But copying is very much a German thing as well... You just need to go Aldi and Lidl to see the evidence.
Copying is a world wide thing and if the Germans do it, then they do it well. Hats off I say.

I couldnt afford a new top of the range German car. But if I could afford the Chinese version and it was half good. Then maybe I would
Good for you. I however have never subscribed to wanting a lookalike.
It kinda makes you look like a **** in the most cringeworthy sort of way.

Anyway, waddya think of my new Ferari...

I'm more gob-smacked that they managed to get this ruling in a Chinese court. Isn't the usual response a waving of fingers?

I'm more gob-smacked that they managed to get this ruling in a Chinese court. Isn't the usual response a waving of fingers?

They have to be realistic and consider the amount of foreign investment that could be driven away if they don't try to set some examples. JLR did say after the ruling it is a factor in future investment.

Surprising none the less.

They have to be realistic and consider the amount of foreign investment that could be driven away if they don't try to set some examples. JLR did say after the ruling it is a factor in future investment.

Surprising none the less.

What China want is technolgy transfer. They are notorious when it comes to trade barriers, they are not short of capital but IP is what they want.

So the Chinese car makers will simply change the 4 things that made it like the german version and continue.

People buy German cars for a reason. If they wanted cheap tat they would just buy French, Italian or USA shoite.
Copying is a world wide thing and if the Germans do it, then they do it well. Hats off I say.

Good for you. I however have never subscribed to wanting a lookalike.
It kinda makes you look like a **** in the most cringeworthy sort of way.

Anyway, waddya think of my new Ferari...

Guess it's not red. Do you drive around in it wearing Italian suits with the sleeves rolled up, blasting out a bit of Jan Hammer?

Saic a chinese owned manufacturer who own MG and LDV to name 2 build alot of cars for VW ;)

Sponsored Links
Back