Corgi pinching all our business?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The grapevine says corgi r using their database of registered boilers to send extended warranties out just before the manufacturers warranty does?
Anyone know anything about this?

Sponsored Links
It's worse than that.

Corgi are using the gwn database to contact all our customers with a few to pinching them for servicing.

Highly likely to be illegal.

Hmmm
OK so all the data from Corgi is lost to them & I suppose gas safe will b next on the band wagon. If we pay our dues to GS can we register jobs direct with building control and miss them out? apart from the legal aspect af being competent all they do is forward your paperwork to building control?? As A sparky I have done this.
On a different note is this the combustion chamber forum? I gave up the will to live trying to register on it?

K

Sponsored Links
I think I've followed every link on this page. None of them are called admin & I haven't been asked for my number on any of them? I'm obviously dimmer than I thought?
Give us a clue! :cry:

Click on the link I just posted, and the form is in the top post

There are 25 tabs on the top of the linked page as far as i can see identical to the 25 on the top of this page. The question is always simple when u know the answer - but I think I have been into every link. There certainly isn't one I cant see called admin. I'm not sure what the top post means but I have opened lots of the subjects & nothing relates to joining? You wouldn't believe I had a degree in Electrical engineering!
How the **** do you join? I know its some 'secret thing' but I obviously need far more than a clue & a link to the page

The new section is free to use but to ensure only qualified gas fitters access the forum, members will be pre-approved.

So if you would like access, please complete the application form here.

Open the link page, and in the first post, you will see the above message.

to complete the application form you click on the blue "here"

the last word in the third line. :LOL:

The grapevine says corgi r using their database of registered boilers to send extended warranties out just before the manufacturers warranty does?
Anyone know anything about this?

Yep it look's that way , the notification that we all had to comply with legally is noe being used for commercial purpose's , same thing will happen with gas safe , all this imfo is worth alot of money to some !!

As per usual the bloke at the coal face does the right thing & get's it up the a**e !!!!!!!

Arnt the likes of Corgi & gas safe meant to be unbiased independent regulatory bodies? What on earth do we need Corgi for any more? I have a new MP lives just down the road from me I might sound him out.
I'm gonna speak to my local council & see if its possible to certify direct to them.

Arnt the likes of Corgi & gas safe meant to be unbiased independent regulatory bodies? What on earth do we need Corgi for any more? I have a new MP lives just down the road from me I might sound him out.
I'm gonna speak to my local council & see if its possible to certify direct to them.

Do not think you can notify gas straight to the council , you can notify through APHC , but as I understand it , it still go's through gas safe , it is no longer mandatory to be corgi reg , so they are now exacting there revenge on all the installer's who complained about them ??? I think ounce the word get's out about what these weasle's were & are up to , there could be trouble , talk to your M.P , contact the imformation commisionar make a complaint ect ect I have already done so !!

Why worry about it if you done a good enough install then the customer will come back to you.
But yes it is wrong they are using this information.

This is your big chance ARGI to show what you can do.

And i bet it is nothing

Why worry about it if you done a good enough install then the customer will come back to you.
But yes it is wrong they are using this information.

This is your big chance ARGI to show what you can do.

And i bet it is nothing

I do not think a good install is relevant to the issue , a legal scam ?? is make it mandatory for every one to give you imformation charge them for the privilige , come along with some story about safety ect ect , & than use said imfo' for commercial purpose's , in order to take work away from the very people who paid your wage's in the first place , you could'nt make it up !!!

Yes you can notify direct to building control, and there's a maximum £10 fee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back