Cummings Government searches desperately for a reverse gear.

Sponsored Links
Nothing new. My dad worked six days a week, and we were still skint.
That was in the seventies and eighties.
my mother was a single parent to two of us in the 80’s , worked part time and travelled 25 miles on a train every day for the privilege, which made her just over the threshold for benefits and paying full rent. there was no heat no food , she didn’t drink or smoke , there was no phone line in the house no pets no car no carpets ,no decent shoes on my feet. no free school meals and frost inside the windows , yes that old chestnut.
no money these days is not the same as no money in my day. pull the other one Notchy it’s got bells on.

Sponsored Links
The prices of basic foodstuffs are lower than they have ever been and food is cheaper in Britain than it is in many countries where genuine poverty exists.

Also, there has never been so much money given away in state benefits than there is now. There is no reason why a child of state-kept parents should go hungry at this time.

As I've said before, the benefits system is the root of all evil in this country, a large part of that evil is that benefits are paid in cash for claimants to spend how they like.

Fortunately I was brought up in a 2 parent home, my father was a skilled tradesman in a shipyard, so we never needed benefits or free school meals.
Our next door neighbour had a large family ,his wife died and he became a hopeless alcoholic, his kids became feral ,they used to sit on their front door step drinking tea out of milk bottles because they didn't have any cups.
The neighbours used to do regular collections of food and clothes for them but eventually the social services stepped in and took the kids off the father, he was jailed for 9 months for neglect ,the court heard that he looked after his racing pigeons better than his kids.
The kids ended up in a notorious children's home called Kincora
The staff were all paedophiles.
It is just luck that decides what sort of parents you will have and some are luckier than others.

The prices of basic foodstuffs are lower than they have ever been and food is cheaper in Britain than it is in many countries where genuine poverty exists.

Also, there has never been so much money given away in state benefits than there is now. There is no reason why a child of state-kept parents should go hungry at this time.

As I've said before, the benefits system is the root of all evil in this country, a large part of that evil is that benefits are paid in cash for claimants to spend how they like.
Do you ever stop talking crap.

etc etc etc

And does your experience make you want to bring suffering and deprivation to other children?
Certainly not. Their own parents bring on their suffering and deprivation. Not I. I look after my children, the welfare state exists to ease the suffering and deprivation of the children whose parents have neither the desire nor wherewithal to do so.

Certainly not. Their own parents bring on their suffering and deprivation. Not I. I look after my children, the welfare state exists to ease the suffering and deprivation of the children whose parents have neither the desire nor wherewithal to do so.

Some parents suffer mental health issues

Some parents have disabilities

There a wonderful invention called zero hour contracts
High cost of rent
Lack of social housing
Oh and Universal credit
And PIP assessments

But you keep banging the drum of ignorance, if it keeps you happy.

Blimey I recall at infants school and junior school we used to get free milk ever day

Never liked milk tbh

Used to get checked for head lice
Yer mum. Checked u the night before and if she found any they never sent u to school
Due to the stigma

Dentist used to turn up and check yer teeth

Opticians for yer eyes

Doctor gave u a medical

Etc etc

Went to secondary school and our year got picked to be checked out for the health of children in the country survey

Stripped down to. Yer pants got weighed etc etc

Some a hole started a rumour that they were also measuting yer willy and all results were to put on the notice board al became believabke when u were 13 :eek:

As u stood in the que every time some one came out of the nurse surgery u asked em

Do they

Every time some one came out they said yep she does

I went in there expecting any minute she was going to pull my pants down and measure my willy :eek: she didn't

But as I left I told the others yep she does

The worried look on there faces

:LOL::LOL:

Used to be called the Nit Nurse, she had these things that looked like knitting needles, she used them to go through the kids hair looking for lice.

Sponsored Links
Back